+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Enterprise Software Thread, Exchange 2007 split domain? in Technical; right issue with the proxy bypass which does work. is we need to use the likes of phones and ipads ...

Thank Post
    right issue with the proxy bypass which does work. is we need to use the likes of phones and ipads etc via this address.
    If i remove the proxy i can access the site. If i create the DNS entry for email.schoolname.county.sch.uk.local or email.schoolname.county.sch.uk.ourdomain i dont need to touch the proxy bypass or take out the proxy and the site works fine.
    however if i just try and create email.schoolname.county.sch.uk it wont work.

Which is the url all devices are pointing too and works fine externally.

Thank Post
    If we create the DNS entry as anything else such as email.school.county.sch.uk it will work fine it just wont work with the word email?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kai91 View Post
    If we create the DNS entry as anything else such as email.school.county.sch.uk it will work fine it just wont work with the word email?
    Kai,
    I'm sorry but I don't fully understand your question, but I think you mean - if you put "email.school.county.sch.uk" as a proxy exception will www.school.county.sch.uk still go through the proxy as normal? The answer to this is yes. Only if you put *.school.county.sch.uk as the proxy exception would you have a problem with other domain names.

The problem I can see here is one we have seen before. When you created the DNS zone for school.county.sch.uk and then created the A record for "email" with the internal IP address this results in other records for the domain not working. The solution here would be to duplicate other DNS records for your external domain in your internal DNS ie. create A records for "www" and other addresses that you use with the correct IP addresses (these would be external ones).

If that does not make sense please let me know and I will try to help further.

Regards

Dave

Thank Post
    right after spending a few hours messing with different DNS entries, i can now get it to work on basiclly any other url

e.g i can get it to work "e-mail.schoolname.county.sch.uk" "webmail.schoolname.county.sch.uk"
    for whatever reason it just will not do it on email.schoolname.county.sch.uk

but our external DNS is for email.schoolname.county.sch.uk. and in order for phones and ipad's etc to connect it needs to be the same as when internally on the wifi and also use them from home or on mobile data.

hence why i cant use a proxy bypass rule.

Anyone any ideas?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12