+ Post New Thread
Enterprise Software Thread, Outlook Web App 2010: Blank e-mail message in Technical; A user who uses the Outlook Web App is finding that all of the e-mail they get from within their ...

Thank Post

Outlook Web App 2010: Blank e-mail message

A user who uses the Outlook Web App is finding that all of the e-mail they get from within their school has a blank message field; all external mail shows up as normal. I’ve temporarily set OWA to forward the messages to another Webmail service and the internal emails come through complete.

The user does not have access to Outlook 2010, only the web app. Also this could be down to a problem on the individual workstation as I believe that they can access their e-mails correctly on other machines (I haven’t seen this for myself yet, they are on a different site to me).

When I’ve experienced similar issues in Outlook 2003 I’ve backed up the users account (.pst) and deleted and reinstated the account, how could I do this if they don’t have Outlook on their machine, I’m assuming I’d need to log on to the exchange server as administrator but don’t at this time know what to do next.

Any ideas as to what I need to do?

Many thanks

PS. I notice on some Microsoft support pages that Eset anti virus can cause this, however this pc uses Sophos, it may well be causing a similar problem..
    Last edited by Snookered; 12th September 2012 at 10:40 AM.

Thank Post
    To test the machine/user in question I would recommend some or all of the following:

Test for that user on another PC (is it something in their roaming profile)
    Test for another user on the same PC (is it something in the PC)
    Test for that user with another browser on the same PC (is it something in the PC or web filtering)
    Test for another user with another browser on the same PC (is it some odd combination of factors)

David Irwin

Thank Post
    Good advice from the above, will help to narrow down the issue. Post the results.

Thank Post
    Thanks for the replies, had done a little of that already. Difficult case this one as it's on another school site where their ICT guy recently left and I went in to help with another issue, when this incident popped up. I have no working knowledge of their network which is new and they have very little knowledge themselves.
    Have passed on the advice from above and waiting to hear back.
    Thanks again

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread