Beta 2 is now being pushed out to all testers. If you're on the beta team then you should receive a PM from me soon with the download link. Here's what's changed in the new beta:
- CRC32, MD5 and SHA1 hashing (File Inspector)
- Support for virus scanning within RAR files
- Bumped ClamAV# to nightly build 130711 (Does this cause missing MSVCRT8.0 errors for you? I want to hear if it does!)
- Now shipping the latest ClamAV and TrID signatures
- Lazy loading of some files improves startup speed
- Opening the Report Manager does not show the first report by default
- The "More Information" button on the File Inspector doesn't do anything
- No signatures are installed until Software Update is run
- Cannot add extensions or keywords to a task from the toolbar buttons (only the Quick Add box works)
I plan to have a release candidate build after this and that should clear up any lingering issues (most of which are interface glitches). I'll pick up the pace for that so expect the RC to drop in a week or so.
Beta Test Request
Ive been using 2 for a while now and I would be interested in testing the new beta version
As would I if that is at all possible :)
I'm pretty much ready to release the final version any day now. The only reason it's fallen behind schedule is that I started a new job a couple of weeks back and have just been getting settled in. I'll post an announcement when it all gets released. :)
Where can I get my hands on this new release?