Signature Creation Woes
First of all, thanks for creating a really useful tool for combatting the scurge of student's game collections. Secondly, I'm having trouble with a couple of signatures I've made which are file specific but EduSweep doesn't detect them as such ("This signature detects specific files" remains unchecked). As a result, when using the file-specific signatures by themselves, nothing is detected. Am I missing some tickbox somewhere or are my students actually telling the truth when I chase them up about games in their user areas?
Myself and my colleague here have worked out that changing the filename and/or title of the signature in the file itself causes that particular signature to pretty much not work. Both title and filename need to match exactly it seems. All is well and it's picking up hundreds of flash games in users areas. Now to write up reports on it's findings. Thanks again.
Thanks for the footnote - I'll have a look at the code and fix this for 2.1.1.
Hi i noticed this aswell at times. it appears to happen randomly when files are put in to the search like specific .swf files. It says created the signature but when you look at the file it says 0kb in size and displays an xml error message if you try to open it, if you open via notepad there is nothing inside the file.
Ps. i got a number of signatures working beautifullly, theres no where to hide on my network cheers :D
Okay, sounds like a problem with the creator, I'll take a look.
Originally Posted by Wils86