EduSweep Thread, Plans for 2.2 in Projects:; It's been a long time (again) since I last posted here. It's the start of the Easter holidays for me ...
23rd March 2010, 10:07 PM #1
Plans for 2.2
It's been a long time (again) since I last posted here. It's the start of the Easter holidays for me and I hope to set aside some time to work on EduSweep since it's been lacking in TLC for a while now. The project is still alive and well here but I've been busy with the degree and it had got to the point where it was stable enough that I put it to one side.
So here's what I plan to work on over the holidays. Previously when I'd worked on the project I'd been too ambitious, ran out of time and forgot what progress I'd made so this time around I'll be focusing on some quick-fire updates to get the latest fixes and enhancements in fast!
First up (in 2.2, due 31st March):
- New: Allow quarantine folder to be moved (helps UAC compatibility)
- Improve: Tidy permissions so that we comply with with UAC guidelines where possible
- Improve: Push new definitions for image files
- Improve: Migrate EduSweep mirror to faster server
- Fix: Quarantine manager icon crash
- Fix: 404 error when updating definitions
After that (in 2.3, due 16th April):
- New: Reliable flash game detection (is this still a common annoyance?)
- Improve: Speed up scan engine when using many signatures
- Improve: Quicker scanning of large (>250MB) files
- Fix: Scan stops prematurely when scanning many directories
And some ideas for the future (feedback appreciated!):
- Cloud Sync: Custom signatures and scan tasks (and optionally reports) available anywhere
- ClamAV Integration: Virus scan as you scan for junk
- False positive reduction: Use intelligent weighting to flag only likely bad files
Last edited by bizzel; 7th April 2010 at 01:12 PM.
24th March 2010, 11:54 PM #2
I'm actually way ahead of schedule. Once 2.1.2 has gone through testing on my virtual machines it'll be ready for release on Friday 26th or Monday 29th. Should squash a few of the lingering bugs that people have found.
25th March 2010, 11:17 PM #3
- Rep Power
looking good, realy excited about this as i started a new school and havent had edusweep to show em whos boss lol
31st March 2010, 12:45 PM #4
The next version is now finished. I'm delaying it for a day or two so that we can do some more beta testing and I can finish re-writing the manual. April 5th seems a likely release date.
Edit: April 5th, not May!
Last edited by bizzel; 1st April 2010 at 12:52 PM.
By DanW in forum General Chat
Last Post: 20th February 2010, 12:22 AM
By reggiep in forum How do you do....it?
Last Post: 9th February 2010, 12:07 PM
By CPLTD in forum General Chat
Last Post: 21st August 2009, 04:54 PM
By tmcd35 in forum General Chat
Last Post: 22nd January 2009, 11:43 AM
By kerrymoralee9280 in forum General Chat
Last Post: 11th June 2007, 11:12 AM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)