bizzel (17th February 2009)
1. its fab
. word 2000 leaves temp files called ~*.doc
. it'd be good if could stretch the results window to accomodate longer folder paths if we need to.
. Im not sure why we need to see the list of folders being discovered, although maybe a counter would be useful.
.ability to scan inside rar/zip would be neat
I agree, it is fab!
If I add signatures for those temporary documents, would you prefer them to come under the "Office Word Documents" signature, the "Temporary Files" signature or even a new one called "Temporary Word Documents"?
Stretchy windows are in 2.1 which is due out any day now.
I'm thinking about the list...maybe replacing it with some statistics instead. Any changes there will be in 2.2.
Scanning inside zip files should be an easy feature to add - EduSweep uses the DotNetZip library already. I don't know if it can open other archives too but I'll investigate. This would be another 2.2 feature.
browolf (17th February 2009)
Me, I'd prefer it under temporary files. I look forward to seeing the other features. thx
Didn't version 1 have an option to open containing folder? I really missed that today when I was going through the detected files in the latest release.
[sorry to thread hijack]
It absolutely did have that option and the good news is that it's back in 2.1. I should have that ready around the beginning of next week.
Thanks for the kind comments guys.
browolf (25th February 2009)
something else, it'd be handy to be able to create a task where i can just type in a single filetype without having to create a signature first. the signatures seem handier when I want to check for multiple files at once. like now I need to scan for just m4a files. whilst that exists in other signatures. i've just had to create a sep sig just for that. seems excessive.
oh dear I've apparently done something wrong as when i run my m4a task the program closes itself lol
on the sig creator i went to add extensions and put in *.m4a in one of the rows. (the text on that box talks about keywords by the way not extensions so I didnt know what to do)
to fix the problem, i went in the program folder and edited the xml file and removed "*." and now its fine.
Last edited by browolf; 25th February 2009 at 01:08 PM.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)