It's been a long time coming but I'm very pleased (and relieved!) to announce the first beta version of EduSweep 2! I was determined to release this before January and here we are with 11 hours to spare!
It's packed with new features and should include almost every request you guys made. Here's what's new, in a nutshell:
- Scan Tasks - reusable profiles for quickly running repeat scans
- Exploit Detection - picks up those annoying flash-in-excel games
- Quarantine Manager - you can now restore files to their original locations
- Hybrid Signatures - smaller, faster and you can mix and match them to detect almost anything you want
- Exclusions - exclude certain folders from the scan
- File Inpector - get detailed information on individual files
- FeatherWeight Mode - reduced CPU usage and disk hammering for use on servers
So if that sounds good to you, go right ahead and download it from the link below. Keep in mind that this is the first beta release and there are bugs. Take care with what files you run it on. Enjoy and I hope you find it useful!
EduSweep 2 Product Page
You'll also need the latest .NET Framework release which is here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
PS. There's a little easter egg on the about screen!
Last edited by bizzel; 31st December 2008 at 07:09 PM.
cheers mate. I've not looked at the application before. Will it work on server 2008?
Is this still available to download? Cant seem to find the download link.
Yes, its in bizzel's sig
When you go to the page, its not there...
except it is, you have to look hard.
Last edited by bizzel; 15th January 2009 at 02:02 PM.
tosh74 (15th January 2009)
Have only had a chance to have a quick go with this so far but...
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)