+ Post New Thread
EduSweep Thread, EduSweep 2: Sneak Peek 2 in Projects:; Today I can reveal a much asked for feature, the quarantine manager. In EduSweep 1, you can move a file ...
    Thank Post

Talking EduSweep 2: Sneak Peek 2

Today I can reveal a much asked for feature, the quarantine manager. In EduSweep 1, you can move a file to the quarantine folder but that's it - it's just a folder. Restoring the item to where it came from is impossible unless you write it down! EduSweep 2 is much smarter and each quarantined item is catalogued so that it can be easily restored to its original location later on.

I've worked hard to provide some flexibility in this version, allowing you to work however you feel most comfortable. To that end, you'll notice a View Style menu at the top-right of the window so that you can browse through the quarantine folder using an icon view instead, much like Windows Explorer. It'll show the correct icon for each file type, making identification easy.

Also new is the Online Services dropdown which gives you access to search engines to look up the filename and the extension. Several sources are provided including Google, Yahoo, Windows Live, FILExt, Fileinfo.net and File Extension Seeker. There's a possibility of writing plugins to extend this in a future version.

The Inspect File button launches the File Inspector for in-depth analysis of the file contents and an automatic risk assessment. You can use it whenever you have a suspect file to get more information. More on that next week!

Last edited by bizzel; 29th September 2008 at 12:55 PM.

Thank Post
    Can you tell me quarantine folder is located, I'm running the software on a 2008 server installed in the default directory.

Thanks.

Thank Post
    Program Files -> EduSweep 2 -> Quarantine

If your quarantine is empty then the folder may not exist yet.

Thank Post
    That's where I thought it would be but I quarentined some items today and I couldn't find them in that folder I'll take another look tomorrow.

Thanks.

Thank Post
    If they show up in the Quarantine window then you can click Inspect File and it'll show you the current location of the file in quarantine. If items aren't being moved to quarantine properly, check that you're running EduSweep with admin privileges (i.e. you can write to C:\).

Thank Post
    The folder is there this morning it had been a long day yesterday but I double checked after putting some items in quarantine and I couldn't see it. FTI friday

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread