+ Post New Thread
EduSweep Thread, EduSweep 2: Sneak Peek 1 in Projects:; I've been working hard on EduSweep 2 for months now and progress is looking really good at the moment so ...
    Thank Post

Cool EduSweep 2: Sneak Peek 1

I've been working hard on EduSweep 2 for months now and progress is looking really good at the moment so I thought I'd pause and show you the first of several sneak peeks at what's to come.

I've managed to include every requested feature so far - exclusions for files, folders and keywords, a quarantine manager that allows restoring of files to their original locations and more specific definitions that really help to reduce false positives. There's a lot more too but today let's take a look at the new main window...

Mmmm, shiny! The first thing you'll notice is that there's going to be more than one window! Previously, the targets, settings and scan progress were all shoved into one little window that, while neat, was very crowded and a bit confusing when you used it for the first time.

Now the main function of this window is to manage and start scan tasks. These are saved lists of targets, exclusions, signatures and settings that let you perform those regular scans quickly and without setting them up each time. Set once, scan many times.

Along the bottom of the window are links to the Reports Manager, Quarantine Manager, File Inspector as well as the existing settings and updates windows.

Settings and updates have been overhauled while the new tools...well, more on those another time!

2. 7 Thanks to bizzel:

DaveJ2717uk (25th March 2009), Diello (20th September 2008), MGSTech (22nd September 2008), Netman (20th September 2008), Sylv3r (21st September 2008), Theblacksheep (20th September 2008), TriggerHappyUK (26th September 2008)

Thank Post
    Looking good! Thanks for your hard work.

Thank Post
    The program is brilliant many thanks, one issue I've come across when I run it on one server to look at user Home diretories, it stops searching when it gets about halfway through the A's and says task complete. The server has about 160 gig of staff and pupil home directories on it. I've run it on our shared area on a different server and it works fine....

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveJ2717uk View Post
    The program is brilliant many thanks, one issue I've come across when I run it on one server to look at user Home diretories, it stops searching when it gets about halfway through the A's and says task complete. The server has about 160 gig of staff and pupil home directories on it. I've run it on our shared area on a different server and it works fine....
    I know something that might cause this...can you run the scan and, when it stops, send me the task log. If privacy is an issue you could just copy and paste the "Task Log" section at the end. That'd be a big help.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread