+ Post New Thread
EduGeek Shutdownertron Thread, Hello... anyone here? Echo (echo..echo..ec) in Projects:; So we've got Shutdownertron installed on the network but I'm having problems with it ignoring assigned shutdown times on the ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Hello... anyone here? Echo (echo..echo..ec)

So we've got Shutdownertron installed on the network but I'm having problems with it ignoring assigned shutdown times on the server and just doing its own damn thing on the clients. Before I completely remove it from our network and go back to our batch script, is there anyone out there who can offer an ounce of support or suggestions as to why it's doing this, or is this software completely dead?

For example on our server it's all nicely set to shutdown at 7pm, yet some clients are insisting on shutting down at 5:30pm.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Can you post any relevant info from the event log please.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,675 Times in 2,269 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Have you done things like check the RSoP snapin on the misbehaving clients to see what policy settings it has picked up. Have you also checked the clocks and timezones of the misbehaving PCs.

What client OS are you running on them?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkeh View Post
    Can you post any relevant info from the event log please.
    There's not a huge amount to post really. On the client we're getting shutdownertron entries throughout the day displaying current settings which are incorrect (showing 6pm instead of 7:30 which is how it is configured on the server), and then a second entry that says 'service started successfully'. Then at the incorrect time the service kicks in.

It's currently running on Server 2008 R2 and our clients are all XP although I swear I had problems on our Server 2003 setup. Clocks and timezones of misbehaving PCs are all fine. I guess if it is because we're running server 2008, i'll just have to hope for 1.5 to eventually be released.

Apart from the above event log entries, as far as I can see there are no errors on either server or client, unless there is a log file somewhere I can view?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,675 Times in 2,269 Posts
    Blog Entries
    What about the RSop, it is not picking up a bad policy from somewhere is it?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    What about the RSop, it is not picking up a bad policy from somewhere is it?
    I'll try and check this out on one of the clients ASAP

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by basicchannel View Post
    There's not a huge amount to post really. On the client we're getting shutdownertron entries throughout the day displaying current settings which are incorrect (showing 6pm instead of 7:30 which is how it is configured on the server), and then a second entry that says 'service started successfully'. Then at the incorrect time the service kicks in.
    Then you are applying a policy unintentionally, check it is not set anywhere else in group policy.

It's currently running on Server 2008 R2 and our clients are all XP although I swear I had problems on our Server 2003 setup. Clocks and timezones of misbehaving PCs are all fine. I guess if it is because we're running server 2008, i'll just have to hope for 1.5 to eventually be released.
    The server is irrelevant, there is no server component. The workstations matter.

Apart from the above event log entries, as far as I can see there are no errors on either server or client, unless there is a log file somewhere I can view?
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Shutdownertron, but it's just going to tell you the same information...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread