+ Post New Thread
EduGeek Shutdownertron Thread, Shutdownertron bugfix v1.2.3202 in Projects:; Shutdownertron v1.2.3202 is available from Index of /shutdownertron . This fixes a small bug where multiple duplicate events were logged, ...

Thank Post

Shutdownertron bugfix v1.2.3202

Shutdownertron v1.2.3202 is available from Index of /shutdownertron. This fixes a small bug where multiple duplicate events were logged, which could cause the event log to fill up prematurely. You should apply this fix as soon as possible to stop Windows denying logons should this happen.

Thank Post
    Hi

I have downloaded the 1.2 version and want to run a test with it.

When I deploy the msi through group policy do I have to use one of the mst files or can I just reply on the adm to set the settings.

Also if the msi is deployed and none of the settings are set will it just run but do nothing or are defaults set in the program.

Please could you e-mail deployment instructions before I start. I dont mean how to deploy a msi or adapt it with an mst more on the lines of what I have to go generally to get it to work with a windows 2003 domain with xp clients

Thanks for all your help.

Richard

Thank Post
    Documentation is coming, honest

Rolling the agent: You don't need to use the MST transforms, they are there for convenience. If you don't apply either, the local administration tool is installed on demand. If you add one transform or the other, it is either installed outright initially or not at all ever.

If you don't set any settings explicitly, the agent service will start but do nothing. You will see a message in the event log to this effect. Once you apply a group policy and it takes effect, the agent will leap into life. There are some defaults, but only non-dangerous ones (for example if you don't specify a shutdown mode, it will shutdown by default rather than reboot, but if you don't specify an enablement, it will default to disabled).

The settings are through Group Policy. Start editing a GP object, right click on Administrative Templates, and add the enclosed .adm file. When the console reloads, you'll see the Shutdownertron section appear.

If you find it useful, please consider donating to keep me in bread and water

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread