+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
EduGeek.net Site Problems Thread, Login fields - displayed in plain text in EduGeek Stuff; Sometimes when loading the forum and entering username/password this is displayed in plain text and on submit of the information ...
  1. #1

    Edu-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,459
    Thank Post
    408
    Thanked 672 Times in 614 Posts
    Rep Power
    192

    Login fields - displayed in plain text

    Sometimes when loading the forum and entering username/password this is displayed in plain text and on submit of the information the login fails.

    IE 7 / Firefox 3.6.3 - Windows XP SP2
    Last edited by Edu-IT; 22nd June 2010 at 12:19 AM.

  2. #2

    ZeroHour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    5,837
    Thank Post
    974
    Thanked 1,405 Times in 850 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    460
    Hey,
    I will take a look at the template, I presume your cypherite?
    RE: loading issue, does that happen on the forum index page or everywhere?

  3. #3

    ZeroHour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    5,837
    Thank Post
    974
    Thanked 1,405 Times in 850 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    460
    Hmm I cant see why they would be rendered. Can you post a screenshot? (use false details to replicate obviously )

  4. #4

    Edu-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,459
    Thank Post
    408
    Thanked 672 Times in 614 Posts
    Rep Power
    192
    Next time it happens I will. I've only see it happen on forum index.

  5. #5

    Edu-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,459
    Thank Post
    408
    Thanked 672 Times in 614 Posts
    Rep Power
    192
    See attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #6

    ZeroHour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    5,837
    Thank Post
    974
    Thanked 1,405 Times in 850 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    See attached.
    You wouldnt happen to have noscript/adblock running? a JS is supposed to change the field time to fix that.

  7. #7

    john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,447
    Thank Post
    1,537
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 934 Posts
    Rep Power
    305
    oooh that issue, no ive come across that on various things including Facebook when clicking into comment and status boxes when using FF. It seems to be something common, maybe it could be ABP but must admit never noticed it here on Edugeek.

  8. #8

    ZeroHour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    5,837
    Thank Post
    974
    Thanked 1,405 Times in 850 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    oooh that issue, no ive come across that on various things including Facebook when clicking into comment and status boxes when using FF. It seems to be something common, maybe it could be ABP but must admit never noticed it here on Edugeek.
    Yeh abp or anything that filters JS. Basically there is an onClick that changes the type of the field from text to password which adds the blanking. I have a notice for those that dont have JS enabled using noscript/disabled informing them the site will have issues without JS but abp has no way to notify the user as JS is still on as such but filtered. Having JS/noscript enabled can break quite a lot of things tbh.

  9. #9

    mac_shinobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    10,053
    Thank Post
    3,584
    Thanked 1,123 Times in 1,025 Posts
    Rep Power
    377
    I'm no web guru but can't you have it as a text field ie

    <input type="password" size="25" maxlength="30">

    Is it down to the package you use on edugeek that it needs to use js to change the field type ?

  10. #10

    john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,447
    Thank Post
    1,537
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 934 Posts
    Rep Power
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroHour View Post
    Yeh abp or anything that filters JS. Basically there is an onClick that changes the type of the field from text to password which adds the blanking. I have a notice for those that dont have JS enabled using noscript/disabled informing them the site will have issues without JS but abp has no way to notify the user as JS is still on as such but filtered. Having JS/noscript enabled can break quite a lot of things tbh.
    I have ABP disabled on here as I don't mind our ads but Facebook was full of general crud so gave over on it so its probably ABP

  11. #11

    Edu-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,459
    Thank Post
    408
    Thanked 672 Times in 614 Posts
    Rep Power
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroHour View Post
    You wouldnt happen to have noscript/adblock running? a JS is supposed to change the field time to fix that.
    Yes, ABP. As pointed out above is it not possible to change the field type using HTML?



SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 6th July 2009, 05:29 PM
  2. author login doesn't allow text input
    By jkmoch in forum EduGeek Joomla 1.0 Package
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17th April 2008, 11:35 PM
  3. MS exchange webmail displayed as text.
    By The_Traveller in forum Windows
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12th February 2008, 12:10 PM
  4. Wikis in Plain English
    By FN-GM in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19th September 2007, 05:31 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •