+ Post New Thread
EduGeek.net Site Problems Thread, Home page "last 10 posts" not updating in EduGeek Stuff; I'm not sure if it's related to the null response given by the homepage, but the "last 10 posts" doesn't ...
    Thank Post

Home page "last 10 posts" not updating

I'm not sure if it's related to the null response given by the homepage, but the "last 10 posts" doesn't seem to be updating.
    I've tried a forced refresh in firefox, and also opened it in IE, and it definately seems to be static.
    The thread which due my attention to it was http://www.edugeek.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14869 which is still listing kerrymoralee9280 as the most recent poster, even though others have posted since. The other posts seem to be fixed as well (the order hasn't changed like it usually does).
    Last edited by ZeroHour; 24th January 2008 at 10:07 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,324 Times in 805 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yeh its been commented on before. The way it currently works is using the vbulletin rss feed output and rendering it on the front page. The issue with this is that vbulletin only updates the rss at set intervals rather then by each post to minimise load.
    I am in the process of wrighting a component for joomla 1.5 now to pull the data using the db but I have a large list of things to do, including the zero sized reply issues but rest assured I will get there.
    There is another post on this section that is tagged [OPEN] with this as one of the things to do in it so I will close this call and use that original thread for updates.

Cheers

P.S. going the scottish techs group Just click "Social Groups" above and then look for it in the list

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread