+ Post New Thread
EduGeek May 2009 Conference Thread, Get Involved Feedback in EduGeek Stuff; Hi Guys, I would appreciate some feedback from everyone who got involved with the conference even though they could not ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Get Involved Feedback

Hi Guys,

I would appreciate some feedback from everyone who got involved with the conference even though they could not attend. (http://conf.edugeek.net/getInvolved.html)

It was the first time we used the software, and i personally think it went very well!

I also liked how everyone who could not attend could still get involved with discussions and get their questions asked and answered also.

I did try and get everyone’s questions put across; i don’t think we missed any questions asked. but if you did miss the answer i will try and dig them out of the footage and post the replys up for you.

I know that the downside was the video footage, but unfortunately we never had any control over the firewall so it did not work to its best potential. Although towards the end of the day it was not so bad once we changed host.

At the next event we will look at improving that maybe get a proper video camera and mic so you can hear people talk instead of just Ric's Video's Russ's Netbook did a great job though ... i dont know what state it is in now, as Ric decided to knock it on the floor

So yeah, i hope everyone enjoyed getting involved

If you wish to read through the chat you can do by going back to http://conf.edugeek.net/getInvolved.html and hit the replay button.

Russ is working on the videos so they should be online soon for you to watch back.
    I will also get the presentations on the Wiki so you can have a look through those.

Thank you

James.
    Last edited by EduTech; 29th May 2009 at 04:34 PM.

Thank Post
    I really liked being involved from afar since I couldn't make it to the conference itself. Having written it off and got thoroughly gloomy about the whole thing, it was a really nice surprise

The CoverIT widget worked really, really well (at least once you'd stopped being lazy about moderating things ). As you've said the video was disappointing but it couldn't really be helped, it got a lot better in the afternoon. Using a shotgun pickup mic or two would be good next time, partly so there's less background noise but also to get it away from the machine, because there's always hum from a built-in mic.

It would be good to have each presenter's slides in advance next time, too, so you can post them seperately to the video and we can follow along with you.

And less destructive admins

3. Thanks to powdarrmonkey from:

EduTech (29th May 2009)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by powdarrmonkey View Post
    And less destructive admins
    As a testiment to Russ's Eee PC it seemed to hold up rather well and obviously the video was from its built in webcam. We did have a brief, read about 2 minute, chat at the end after people had gone about video / audio and we have already said that next time we will look into a better cam and mic setup so we are listening and will try out best to please for next time

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    As a testiment to Russ's Eee PC it seemed to hold up rather well and obviously the video was from its built in webcam. We did have a brief, read about 2 minute, chat at the end after people had gone about video / audio and we have already said that next time we will look into a better cam and mic setup so we are listening and will try out best to please for next time
    Yeah Russ's EeePC i think did a great job! and was much better with the better host :-)

But as you stated, next time we will have the video/audio sorted using the proper equipment

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread