+ Post New Thread
EduGeek Logon Tracker Thread, Website Config in Projects:; Hello, I have got my database and scripts all working correctly... but am struggling with the website config. We are ...
    Thank Post

Website Config

Hello,

I have got my database and scripts all working correctly... but am struggling with the website config. We are using IIS6 with .net 4 installed.

The home page opens correctly and presents two options - Search History or iSpy - when we click those links we get:

Error message 401.2.: Unauthorized: Logon failed due to server configuration

Which I presume is down to the config in the web.config file?

My database connection line is: <add name="ApplicationServices" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;uid=trackeruser;pwd=trackerpas sword;database=edugeeklogontacker"

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Thank Post
    I can only see 3 threads in this forum. Is that correct?

Is this early days of the development of the Logon Tracker?

I have several methods of tracking logons in place on my domain at the moment.

Perhaps I can help if I know what your trying to achieve and how?

Edit:

If theres something already in place with this project where can I find it? I'd be very interested in it. (just noticed threads in this forum from june last year)
    Last edited by iMash; 11th April 2011 at 10:11 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iMash View Post
    I can only see 3 threads in this forum. Is that correct?

Is this early days of the development of the Logon Tracker?

I have several methods of tracking logons in place on my domain at the moment.

Perhaps I can help if I know what your trying to achieve and how?

Edit:

If theres something already in place with this project where can I find it? I'd be very interested in it. (just noticed threads in this forum from june last year)
    Hi iMash,

I would be interested in discussing some of the logon tracking methods that you have got setup on your domain.

Many thanks,
    David

Thank Post
    David,

No problem, what did you want to know?

I have used several methods over the years, currently using a combination of VBScript and a MySQL database with a php back end for us to search etc.

Ash

Thank Post
    Hi Ash,

I am looking for a solution that is most likely going to be temporary whilst RM develop RM Auditor to work on CC4.3. Our Headteacher is keen to know how much our IT is being used. Is doesn't have to have great details as RM Auditor will do that (eventually). I just need to get something in place that will minimally track logons and logoffs, giving me an amount of time used. Whether they use the computer for the whole time they are logged in doesn't really matter at the moment. Its just it know if the computers are being used and how much of the day people are using them for!

is there anything in your experience that does this? I am looking in to Nickbro's Home Access Plus+ Logon Tracker. Just trying to get my head around how this is installed, configured and implemented as there are several versions and each version looks to have different methods of getting this running.

TIA,
    David

Thank Post
    David,

I have just had a look at HAP+, from what I can see its for remote access to files through a web interface. I would have thought (but may well be wrong), that the logon tracker section would track the logons to the remote file service?

I used to have a set of logon and logoff scripts that wrote a CSV file to a hidden share on our file server, whilst this was a rather crude method, it did work reasonably well to give us an idea of who was logged on and for how long. Perhaps if I can dig up the old scripts these may be of use to you?

Alternatively if you are fairly comfortable setting up a MySQL server I can give you the scripts that we are currently using that uses MySQL to store the timestamps of logon/logoff/shutdown/startup events, although to extract the data from this would require some coding experience as I haven't yet got round to completing the back end for it.

Ash

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread