+ Post New Thread
EduGeek Joomla 1.5 Package Thread, Can't get my localhost site to install on webhost in Projects:; I have built my EdugeekJoomla site on localhost and saved it using Akeeba backup. Cleared the old site from the ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Can't get my localhost site to install on webhost

I have built my EdugeekJoomla site on localhost and saved it using Akeeba backup. Cleared the old site from the database on Parallel Plesk hosted on SWGfL. Binary FTP'd the Akeeba backup and Kickstart to the httpdocs folder but can't get the kickstart.php to run - the screen is blank. Argh - where do I go from here?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Okeydokey - looks like no one else has encountered this issue then?

I'm trying to work around it.

What if started a new EdugeekJoomla install and copied bits of my localhost site into the upload. If that would work which folders would I need to copy across form my htdocs folder and to where?

On the other hand would it be possible to upload the 1.5.23 package incorporating bits from the EduGeek package and my htdocs folder?

Thank Post
    I guess you've checked that your host can do php. Here we are limited to html only through our schools allocated space I think which is why we bought our hosting separately from fasthosts. It may have changed recently but I'm pretty sure that was the case here in norfolk

4. Thanks to cromertech from:

speckytecky (12th May 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cromertech View Post
    I guess you've checked that your host can do php. Here we are limited to html only through our schools allocated space I think which is why we bought our hosting separately from fasthosts. It may have changed recently but I'm pretty sure that was the case here in norfolk
    Aye, Might be worth just trying a 1liner .php file to check.

Guess other things could be if you have other files is the default set to .htm .html etc rather than php? Or is it loading the php just not "running" as such

Steve

6. Thanks to Steve21 from:

speckytecky (12th May 2011)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Thanks guys. Pretty sure php is ok but SWGfL hosting does seem a bit strange at times - like setting read write permissions that won't overwrite.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Having failed in my attempt to get my localhost site to the webhost install with Akeebabackup I have now uploaded the whole EdugeekJoomla package again and ran the installer. All went well but again when I browse to the site I get a message Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data. No issue getting in the backend though.

As a temporary measure I have renamed the index.php and put up an index.htm indicating the site in build status.

I have a feeling I missed something vital in installation - vaguley remembering from previous installations that I needed to copy and paste something at some stage. Can't for the life of me remember what though? Can anyone point me in the right direction please.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    An update on this issue:

I'm still having problems with notwww.schoolname.county.sch.uk - can't get the site to display!

Using Akeeba Backup excellent PDF I found that I could save the site as a Zip FTP it up to my empty httpdocs folder then Akeeba picked up the install.php and ran like a dream. I copied the set up instructions for the config.php and pasted them in and FTPd that back up - Akeeba deleted the install folder but when I went to notwww.schoolname.county.sch.uk the site fails to display. Grr - total frustration - anyone able to suggest what the issue is please?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    A further update.

The Installation was successful. I can access the backend and it is the right upload! However, the site still fails to display to the public or myself in preview. What simple step have I missed???

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread