+ Post New Thread
EduGeek Joomla 1.5 Package Thread, Background colour in Projects:; Hello, I was trying to change the background color of my site, but, when I edited the CSS, the color ...

Thank Post

Background colour

Hello, I was trying to change the background color of my site, but, when I edited the CSS, the color of module became transparent it showed the background color too, so I edited the suffix.css file and managed to make modules back to white, but still there are some transparent blanks, how do I make it white and I want only the background color to be changed, not the other elements. Is it possible?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Background colour-capture.png  

Thank Post
    I expect you'll need to either find some common trait (eg that they're all of class "module" or some such) and specify a css rule that targets that class, or find all the ids that are used and treat them individually. I'd say the first approach is better if you can find some unifying feature. Firebug in firefox will help you enormously as you can click elements on the page to see their attributes and which styles are applied to them and even try out adding rules etc. Without seeing the actual page it's hard to be more specific.

3. Thanks to lightinthedark from:

Rishoban (28th July 2010)

Thank Post
    Putting the modules back to how they were is something you will have to do on your own - should always have a backup/copy before making any changes.

As for changing the background colour, it seems to me (from attached screenshot) that your background is from an image - so quite simply change the image that makes up the background.

5. Thanks to Hightower from:

Rishoban (28th July 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lightinthedark View Post
    I expect you'll need to either find some common trait (eg that they're all of class "module" or some such) and specify a css rule that targets that class, or find all the ids that are used and treat them individually. I'd say the first approach is better if you can find some unifying feature. Firebug in firefox will help you enormously as you can click elements on the page to see their attributes and which styles are applied to them and even try out adding rules etc. Without seeing the actual page it's hard to be more specific.
    Thanks for the reply,
    you can view the site here
    Welcome to the Frontpage

It will be great help if you could guide me.
    Thanks

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    Putting the modules back to how they were is something you will have to do on your own - should always have a backup/copy before making any changes.

As for changing the background colour, it seems to me (from attached screenshot) that your background is from an image - so quite simply change the image that makes up the background.
    Thanks for the reply,
    the problem I am having is that the if I add any color or any image to the background, it also shown behind the articles and modules, I was able to fix the articles and modules by editing suffix.css file, but still there are some places where the background color is seen in between the modules.
    I want to the page be full white including center articles and left/right modules and only the background to be in another color I prefer.

Thank Post
    OK! I did it!
    Thanks to lightinthedark Firebug extension really helped me to find the element!
    Thanks a lot friends!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread