+ Post New Thread
EduGeek Joomla 1.5 Package Thread, Help needed for edugeek-joomla-package-sysman_mk + EduMoodle theme in Projects:; Hello edugeeks. Currently I'm trying to make a website for my son's school and started with edugeek-joomla-package-sysman_mk-v1.3. Trying to change ...

Thank Post

Help needed for edugeek-joomla-package-sysman_mk + EduMoodle theme

Hello edugeeks.

Currently I'm trying to make a website for my son's school and started with edugeek-joomla-package-sysman_mk-v1.3.
    Trying to change some themes for this and I've stopped on danIT's piece of art EduGeek Moodle Theme.

I'm a little confuse now because I've installed Joomla and just started to learn it but I cannot apply danIT's theme to sysman package. After a bit of reading I understand that danIT's theme must be applied on moodle package. I also did that from curiosity and ended with 2 new websites: nr 1 - joomla with axe rescheek theme and nr 2 - moodle with danIT's theme.

Obviously the question comes in now: how can I end up having Joomla with EduMoodle theme?

Firsts I was questioning myself if this is somehow even possible but after some reading inside forum I've found this site: Ashton Park School - Home

So I'm thinking that it could be possible to reach something like this.
    Will you be so kind to answer/help me with this topic ?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
    Costi B.

Thank Post
    Has any one of you some idea about this topic?
    Is "danIT" user still active around this forum ?

Thanks,
    Costi B.

Thank Post
    The EduGeek Moodle theme AFAIK is designed to make Moodle look like one of the standard themes provided in the EduGeek Joomla package so that you can have a consistent look across the two. The Moodle theme is not designed to be applied to Joomla.

Thank Post
    Thanks for answering Ric.

But the "standard themes provided in the EduGeek Joomla package" are just the axe_rescheek themes. There is no other theme in that package to look like EduGeek Moodle Theme.
    If Moodle theme doesn't exist for joomla, then how is this site made Ashton Park School - Home ?
    I suppose it is also on joomla platform, considering the favicon (I think that's the term of the little picture represented in top broswer tab).
    Is there any road I should follow to reach at this final design?

Thanks,
    Costi B.

Thank Post
    The theme does not seem to be openly available anymore. I ended up taking the theme it was based on and making it match the one that was made along with a few additional module positions that I needed. We will be launching our moodle theme in the next week or two since we are now into the summer so that our site looks the same across the board. It is no problem having joomla and moodle match but the main issue is finding the joomla version of the theme or else take what is out there and adapt it yourself if you are able, or if all else fails pay someone to do it for ya.

Thank Post
    then how is this site made
    This is an early Edugeek Templates thats been superceded by the Axe Rescheek based templates.

Unless you really really prefer the old style over the new one, I'd try and stick with the lastest one as you'll get much better support.

But if you really prefer the old style ones I could hunt around and see if I've got the originals lying around

regards

Simon

7. Thanks to SimpleSi from:

costibudai (13th June 2010)

Thank Post
    Thank you Adam, Simon.
    @Adam: Where (link page) it will be available that moodle theme you were speaking about, so I can keep an eye on that page?
    @Simon: You made the things more clear with your explanation. If you are so kind, please let me know via PM when you've found them.
    Regards,
    Costi B.

Thank Post
    You can find the moodle theme right on the moodle site. Go to their themes section and search edugeek and you should be able to find it pretty fast as that is where I found it. I did some template edits on it as I changed around the menu a bit and had to fix a couple of things but otherwise it was just fine out of the box.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread