+ Post New Thread
EduGeek Joomla 1.5 Package Thread, Installed JoomlaXplorer but now top menu not working in Projects:; Hi Guys, Still using your edugeek 1.5 package. Just installed JoomlaXplorer to move some files around in the media folders ...
    Thank Post

Installed JoomlaXplorer but now top menu not working

Hi Guys,

Still using your edugeek 1.5 package. Just installed JoomlaXplorer to move some files around in the media folders into sub folders and for some reason when we login to the administrator site the top menus are not working right. I've done a good old google on it and came up with the following that i'm going to try:

Joomla! • View topic - Admin Menu Drop Down is not working

Has anyone else come across this?

Thank Post
    Right guys i've tried everything in the guide and to no avail. Does anyone know why the menus would suddenly dissapear? The only thing i can think of now is to backup the MYSQL db and web content and try and replicate to a new site. Our current hosting provider as well is running our site on a virtual site so i don't know if this could have anything to do with it? I'm thinking of purchasing some new webspace and hosting with a joomla specific company like CS New Media as it's been recommended by lots of peeps on here and working on our website with a temporary IP address until it's built then lastly transferring the domain name over and going for a big bang style launch.

Any help to why the menu has dissapeared would be greatly received. I'm setting up a VM with LAMP or XAMPP on it to try and transfer our site locally.

Cheers, Ben

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_snclc View Post
    Right guys i've tried everything in the guide and to no avail. Does anyone know why the menus would suddenly dissapear? The only thing i can think of now is to backup the MYSQL db and web content and try and replicate to a new site. Our current hosting provider as well is running our site on a virtual site so i don't know if this could have anything to do with it? I'm thinking of purchasing some new webspace and hosting with a joomla specific company like CS New Media as it's been recommended by lots of peeps on here and working on our website with a temporary IP address until it's built then lastly transferring the domain name over and going for a big bang style launch.

Any help to why the menu has dissapeared would be greatly received. I'm setting up a VM with LAMP or XAMPP on it to try and transfer our site locally.

Cheers, Ben
    Yes but I have had access to my files directly on my webserver it is JoomlaXporer doing it not your host.

Ben remove JoomlaXplorer and use version 2.0.1 or greater of extplorer instead; you will find a search of extensions on Joomla Org will locate the com for you on sourceforge. this version works well just need to get used to the look.

See if your host company will roll back your site for you from a backup ... do you have a backup from your plesk or whatever the interface your host provides?? Get into your plesk(whatever) and do one now of both the files and the DB. and do what you said above to try to remove joomlaXplorer.

Sorry just saw this and remembered the hassles I had ... hope this is some help

cheers
    Last edited by maxgen; 6th July 2010 at 05:03 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread