+ Post New Thread
EduGeek Joomla 1.5 Package Thread, Article Icons in Projects:; I have downloaded the Edugeek Joomla package and also from the Joomla website but I have 1 question which I'm ...

Thank Post

Article Icons

I have downloaded the Edugeek Joomla package and also from the Joomla website but I have 1 question which I'm not sure if I missed something. Everything seems to work fine, but when I look at guides etc I can see that they show more icons when I'm creating an article. I've attached a screen grab of my menu bar. Can you guys take a look and see if thats everything I should have, or if I've missing some icons.... It looks like there should be more to me?

Forgot to add that I'm using ver 1.5.15...shouldn't there be a button to change text colour?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Article Icons-joomla.jpg  
    Last edited by penfold; 28th April 2010 at 03:06 PM.

Thank Post
    try installing the JCE Editor

3. Thanks to rush_tech from:

penfold (4th May 2010)

Thank Post
    I've installed that and if I go to the JCE Plugin manager I can see all the extra options that I should have and they are enabled, but when i create/edit an article there still aren't the options available. I'm obviously missing something basic as everything seems to work, but I'm just missing something obvious I can still do pretty much everything I want, but the extra plugins seem to give a bit more controll.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by penfold View Post
    I've installed that and if I go to the JCE Plugin manager I can see all the extra options that I should have and they are enabled, but when i create/edit an article there still aren't the options available. I'm obviously missing something basic as everything seems to work, but I'm just missing something obvious I can still do pretty much everything I want, but the extra plugins seem to give a bit more controll.
    Hi,
    You can manage the icons in the editor according to which JCE user group a user is in. Have a look under Components>JCE Administration>Groups. Then click on the default group. You will see a tab that says "Layout." If you open that tab, you'll see that you can add, remove, and rearrange icons.

Also, you can create more groups and customize that group's tools. I have done this to simplify the tools available for some editors who are bothered by all of the tools.

Here's a nice article that explains some JCE features.

I hope that this helps,

Jeff
    Last edited by jeffy; 2nd May 2010 at 11:18 PM.

6. Thanks to jeffy from:

penfold (4th May 2010)

Thank Post
    Thanks for that, I had got all the icons I needed added, but I noticed an error message saying that the JCE wasn't the default editor for Joomla. I've just updated it and lo and behold all the icons I expected to see are there.

Thanks everyone

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread