+ Post New Thread
EduGeek Joomla 1.5 Package Thread, Upload Problem in Projects:; Hi All, I'm kinda new to joomla, dipped my toe in before, but only briefly, but do have a few ...

Thank Post

Upload Problem

Hi All,

I'm kinda new to joomla, dipped my toe in before, but only briefly, but do have a few years of web design, programing in PHP, ASP, etc...

I've just completed a fresh install of edugeek 1.5 and am having problems uploading images.

This is a fresh, clean install no other extensions added, the only change I've made is to disable the flash uploading from the global configuration as suggested in another thread.

When I click the [image] link at the bottom of an article, the lightbox opens, but is plain white with it's black border and close button... nothing else.

I have included a screenshot here

I am working on MacOSX 10.5.8, and am having this issue in both Safari & Firefox, unable to test in ie/win until tomorrow. I will provide an update then.

Any help you can give me would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave4u2; 3rd March 2010 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Add additional information

Thank Post
    AFAIR - the built-in image upload function was flakeware/very cumbersome/naff so I just don't use it at all.

Its the biggest fault with Joomla IMHO.

This means using another editor (either JCE or the one I use - JoomlaFCK) and/or a separate file uploader

I use JFU - works great and does easy multiple file uploads but has 3MB limit in free version and I think it works in a bit non-standard way.

And I've recently discovered jsmallfib as a very nice single file uploader.

Unfortunately all this means learning how to set them up but we're here to help

regards

Simon

3. Thanks to SimpleSi from:

Dave4u2 (4th March 2010)

Thank Post
    Update: Issue is still the same on win/ie, win/FF, win/safari, win/opera, ubuntu/FF, ubuntu/opera

@ SimpleSi

Thanks for that... you've given me a couple of things to check. I'll look into them, and post my results back here for anyone else who may experience the same problem, although I think I may need to refer back to the community for implementing them... I'll see how I get on.

Thank Post
    I've just installed the JoomlaFCK plug-in, quite easy to do, fairly straight-forward (apart from a max execution time exceeded problem).

All working now.

Thanks again SimpleSi

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave4u2 View Post
    Hi All,

I'm kinda new to joomla, dipped my toe in before, but only briefly, but do have a few years of web design, programing in PHP, ASP, etc...

I've just completed a fresh install of edugeek 1.5 and am having problems uploading images.

This is a fresh, clean install no other extensions added, the only change I've made is to disable the flash uploading from the global configuration as suggested in another thread.

When I click the [image] link at the bottom of an article, the lightbox opens, but is plain white with it's black border and close button... nothing else.

I have included a screenshot here

I am working on MacOSX 10.5.8, and am having this issue in both Safari & Firefox, unable to test in ie/win until tomorrow. I will provide an update then.

Any help you can give me would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Dave
    Have you tried disabling the Flash Uploader in Global Config>Settings (bottom of page)?
    This is what I had to do
    Jeff

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffy View Post
    Have you tried disabling the Flash Uploader in Global Config>Settings (bottom of page)?
    This is what I had to do
    Jeff
    Yes, I've tried that, but still didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave4u2 View Post

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread