+ Post New Thread
EduGeek Joomla 1.5 Package Thread, Two Rokslideshows on front page? in Projects:; I've been trying to add a second slideshow with Rokslideshow to my front page. www.austinfarm.plymouth.sch.uk I copied the original, changed ...

Thank Post

Two Rokslideshows on front page?

I've been trying to add a second slideshow with Rokslideshow to my front page. www.austinfarm.plymouth.sch.uk

I copied the original, changed it's name, changed position to "breadcrumb", created a new image folder and pointed to it in the module.

However when I enable it, the images appear in the original "user 1" position and my original slideshow disappears.

Can anyone help? or is it just that you can't have two Rokslideshows on a single page?

TIA

Casey

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    I've been trying to add a second slideshow with Rokslideshow to my front page. www.austinfarm.plymouth.sch.uk

I copied the original, changed it's name, changed position to "breadcrumb", created a new image folder and pointed to it in the module.

However when I enable it, the images appear in the original "user 1" position and my original slideshow disappears.

Can anyone help? or is it just that you can't have two Rokslideshows on a single page?

TIA

Casey

Casey,

I'm really not sure if you can or not. But I am willing to have a play around with my test site to see if I can find a way of doing it for you.

Cheers,
    Steve

Thank Post
    Hi Steve, thanks for the offer, but I Googled the question and the general consensus was "not really possible" unless you change the code.

I decided to go with a different slide show plugin. Simple Picture Slideshow.

After your offer to use your test site, I decided set up a test site on my work PC, and I have tried the new plugin and it seems to work fine.

Casey

Thank Post
    Hi Casey,

I did have a bit of a play around and found that it didn't work with 2 slideshows on the page. Glad you found a way of doing it.

Cheers,
    Steve

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread