+ Post New Thread
EduGeek Joomla 1.5 Package Thread, A page like the front page but not the front page :) in Projects:; Hello, I was wondering if someone could give me a little direction. I have a private section for Staff only ...

Thank Post

A page like the front page but not the front page :)

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could give me a little direction.

I have a private section for Staff only on my website and as such would like to keep any articles that are created for that area private. I have created a news feed that is only visible (as far as i know, need to check this) that only shows on the Staffroom section of the site. The thing i want to accomplish though is to have the news articles list on the homepage of the Staffroom under the message at the top, similar to the front page. If this makes sense.

I can't seem to see how this is set up. The only thing i can see that may be the issue is article type, but i am not sure about this.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Oh, and happy New Year to everyone

Thank Post
    I have looked again but still can't see any way to do this any ideas anyone?

Thank Post
    The thing i want to accomplish though is to have the news articles list on the homepage of the Staffroom under the message at the top, similar to the front page. If this makes sense.
    No (Its makes no sense )

Do you want to link to your site and then tell us again what you want to do?

I have all staff room only articles on a menu that's only accessible to registered users which does the job for me.

regards

Simon

4. Thanks to SimpleSi from:

HodgeHi (7th January 2010)

Thank Post
    OK. Let's see if i can clarify a bit more. When you add items to the school news section, you have the option to display on the front page. This obviously places the articles on the home page.

What i would like to accomplish is to have the staff area which is private to have a similar front page but not publicly viewable.

So for example, i have a staff news section which adds articles that only registered users can read and i would like the most recent items to be added to the staffroom's home page so Staff can see which items are the latest.

Currently there is a news menu module to the left, but that means Staff having to look for items.

My site is here: Welcome to Eaton Valley Primary School

Thank Post
    Ideas to play with

Make the main menu staff menu entry point to a section blog layout or a category blog layout for staff room articles and you should be able to order articlles into most recent first.

If you wanted you could also add a one of my autosimplemenus modules as well and order that into alphabetical to give you best of both worlds.

Not tried this but worth playing with I think

regards

Simon

7. Thanks to SimpleSi from:

HodgeHi (7th January 2010)

Thank Post
    Thanks SimpleSi,

These were the sort of things i was thinking about trying hence my first post about the article type. The reason i didn't start messing with the layouts is because it's working at the moment and i didn't want to break it

I will look to try and build a test site a have a play around with that instead.

I will post back and let you know how i manage to get it working the way i would like it.

Also thanks for the tip on using your module for the menu on the left side. Might just do that as well

PS. What did you think of the site overall? Reasonable or could it do with "something". I think it's a little pale but i quite like it like that though. Didn't want too much colour in it. I was going to look at changing the colour of the text to a deep red colour. and hyperlink in a gold-ish yellow colour (School colours).

Thank Post
    I like the minimum look of the new template - I've got sick of my present one - my sites just look clunky

I'm about to trial the new template out on a WI site that a school sec is part of and have a play with it and maybe backport it to my current school ones.

regards

Simon

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread