+ Post New Thread
EduGeek Joomla 1.5 Package Thread, Need to reinstall my other website in Projects:; I have a school website I'm working on which I have managed to borf the settings on and need to ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Need to reinstall my other website

I have a school website I'm working on which I have managed to borf the settings on and need to reinstall a fresh EduGeek Joomla package. It's Plesk based and this afternoon I tried to upload EduGeek Joomla to it - all but 7 files went across ok these were:

xmlrpc\client.php and index.php
    xmlrpc\cache\index.html
    xmlrpc\includes\application.php, defines.php, framework.php and index.html

Bringing up the site after this took me to the page telling me I needed to remove the Installer directory. Did that. Then up came the admin log on box - tried that, not a lot of joy. Tried the \administrator extension and it took my current username and password but took me to a blank web page not the admin Panel.

I'm not bothered about getting the site back as it was - I'd only added a photo and activated the "this site is under development please call back later page. I would like to get it back though so that I can start afresh. Am I right in thinking that to do that I'd need to log on to Plesk and delete the existing site, then FTP the package back up and run the installer again?

Thank Post
    Hi Geoff,

If you just uplaoded the EduGeek Joomla Package over the top of the files that was on the server, then you wont be able to re-install the site. Like you said, you will need to delete the files from the server and then upload the EduGeek Joomla Package again.

If you want any help, you know how to get hold of me.

Cheers,
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by speckytecky View Post
    I have a school website I'm working on which I have managed to borf the settings on and need to reinstall a fresh EduGeek Joomla package. It's Plesk based and this afternoon I tried to upload EduGeek Joomla to it - all but 7 files went across ok these were:

xmlrpc\cache\index.html

Bringing up the site after this took me to the page telling me I needed to remove the Installer directory. Did that. Then up came the admin log on box - tried that, not a lot of joy. Tried the \administrator extension and it took my current username and password but took me to a blank web page not the admin Panel.

I'm not bothered about getting the site back as it was - I'd only added a photo and activated the "this site is under development please call back later page. I would like to get it back though so that I can start afresh. Am I right in thinking that to do that I'd need to log on to Plesk and delete the existing site, then FTP the package back up and run the installer again?

3. Thanks to Devontechie from:

speckytecky (18th November 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by speckytecky View Post

xmlrpc\cache\index.html

^^^Yes, delete you joomla files from your webserver and also the database associated with the site and start a fresh. Create a new database and upload the package again

5. Thanks to rush_tech from:

speckytecky (18th November 2009)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread