+ Post New Thread
EduGeek Joomla 1.5 Package Thread, School Website not displaying properly in Firefox/Google Chrome in Projects:; Hi, Our school website is not displaying properly in either FF or Google Chrome, however it does display properly in ...
    Thank Post

School Website not displaying properly in Firefox/Google Chrome

Hi,

Our school website is not displaying properly in either FF or Google Chrome, however it does display properly in IE (see images below), anyone know why?

I am using version 1.5.9 and Image Slide Show 1.5 for the scrolling image banner that is annoying aligned to the right in FF. I have tried deleting it, downloading it and re-installing Image Slide Show but as you can see its still messed up!

School Website not displaying properly in Firefox/Google Chrome-schoolwebsiteff.jpg

School Website not displaying properly in Firefox/Google Chrome-schoolwebsiteie.jpg

Regards

firefox_2006

Thank Post
    Hi, First off I'd strongly recommend updating Joomla to the latest version 1.5.14. Has this site been running for a while and just stopped displaying correctly? Have you installed any new mod/com or plugins? if yes maybe just disable them to see if it fixes the problem
    Last edited by rush_tech; 13th September 2009 at 04:59 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rush_tech View Post
    Hi, First off I'd strongly recommend updating Joomla to the latest version 1.5.14. Has this site been running for a while and just stopped displaying correctly? Have you installed any new mod/com or plugins? if yes maybe just disable them to see if it fixes the problem
    Hi

No I have not installed any new mod/com plugins, I suspect it might be something to do with the template as I remember trying to alter the banner a few weeks ago but could not get it to do what I wanted and gave up! Since then it has looked all mangled in FF/GC.

Any ideas?

I will update the site soon (this week if I get round to it).

regards

firefox_2006

Thank Post
    It doesn't display correctly in my IE8 either.

Maybe mess with the roundedmodulebg setting and move the top attribute down a bit.

Firefox developers toolbar is essential for stuff like this, I used it all the time for my sites.

5. Thanks to Simcfc73 from:

firefox_2006 (13th September 2009)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    It looks like when you have been working on getting the header to display correctly you have altered some of the CSS which has caused this big upset. Do you have a backup of the template before you messed with it? if so i would restore that and then try again

James.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EduTech View Post
    It looks like when you have been working on getting the header to display correctly you have altered some of the CSS which has caused this big upset. Do you have a backup of the template before you messed with it? if so i would restore that and then try again

James.
    Hi

No unfortunately I did not create a backup (school boy error I know ) ) This is really annoying me now, when I try and edit the CSS files it keeps going to unwriteable after I edit the template.css file and I have to KEEP changing the bloody permissions everytime. This Joomla is great when its working but a right pain in the neck when it falls over.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    ok then in that case, i am guessing you still have the default CSS from the template when you got it at first (unless you have done it all from scratch) i would apply that and then make your changes again. making sure you keep backups

James.

9. Thanks to EduTech from:

firefox_2006 (13th September 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EduTech View Post
    ok then in that case, i am guessing you still have the default CSS from the template when you got it at first (unless you have done it all from scratch) i would apply that and then make your changes again. making sure you keep backups

James.
    Hi

I have disabled the ImageSlide Show for now as it clearly does not want to behave. I think what I will do is switch to another template (axe_rescheek_orange) which is very similar and just add our custom banners etc. I will then re-upload the template I am currently using (axe_rescheek_red) and see if that sorts it.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Sure, i say if your site is live your main priority will be to get the site working so get another template like you have done and put that on there for now.

- But yes also make sure you update your site ASAP, as to be honest now you have linked your site back it only takes some nasty person to come accross it and then make your nightmare even worse. just some advice.. it happens to so many people

Let us know how you get on

James.

12. Thanks to EduTech from:

firefox_2006 (14th September 2009)

Thank Post
    FireFox_2006 if you still need any help fixing this issue, drop me a PM.
    Last edited by jloader; 14th September 2009 at 07:30 AM.

14. Thanks to jloader from:

firefox_2006 (14th September 2009)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread