+ Post New Thread
EduGeek Joomla 1.5 Package Thread, eg_default template + Joomla package in Projects:; Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, I have scoured Edugeek to no avail! I have downloaded and installed in ...

Thank Post

eg_default template + Joomla package

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, I have scoured Edugeek to no avail!

I have downloaded and installed in the last few days the Edugeek Joomla package. I thought the eg_default snazzy template would be in there but wasn't so have since installed it. However, the eg_default 1.5 in the Template Manager only has a thumbnail in blue (I want orange!) when I select this as the default and go to either preview or edit I get the following message:

The parameter file \templates\eg_default1.5\params.ini is unwritable!

Any idea how I can fix this so I can actually apply the eg_default template, but also apply it in the orange colour?

Thank Post
    Sounds like a permissions issue. Check that the file named is writable by the web process, and that there aren't php safe-mode restrictions stopping scripts from writing files. Without more detail about your setup that's the most I can suggest. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can suggest other things to check?

Hello
    :-Lightinthedark

Thank Post

Red face

Hello,

Thanks - I did have permission errors on the actual Joomla install which were sorted before template query. I gave them your info anyhow and they have said there is no params.ini file in the folder so probably why it is unwritable!

I'm going round in circles now they have asked me to reupload the eg_default template but I'm not on my usual laptop, don't have it to hand and now can't find it on edugeek to download...does anyone know where it is and has it got the required params.ini file in it and I want it in the orange colour.

Any help/advice really appreciated! I've been given two days to redesign the school website, am really enthusiastic about this template and eager to get on but so far I've achieved nothing!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread