+ Post New Thread
EduGeek Joomla 1.5 Package Thread, Removing EduGeek link? in Projects:; Hey EduGeekers I am building a website using the EduGeek Joomla template for a school I am working with, but ...

Thank Post

Removing EduGeek link?

Hey EduGeekers

I am building a website using the EduGeek Joomla template for a school I am working with, but I have ran into an issue that I could not find a solution by searching this forum or on their original website (projects.edugeek.net)

Here is the wording I am confused about (on the Joomla template)

"All the hard work has been done for you. All the Joomla menus and content have been pre-configured so that all a user has to is go through and replace the dummy text with the information relevant to their establishment. Everything can be easily edited / changed or removed to suit your needs."

Does this mean that I also can remove the reference to EduGeek at the bottom of the template? This is not meant as an insult to EduGeek in any way, but the school is worried that although the site is heavily modified, having a link at the bottom saying it was built with a template might make some people doubt the schools credibility.

I would have no problem buying a paid version of this template, but I dont see any links anywhere where I could check into this. Can anyone tell me if I am free to remove this link, or if there is a paid version, or something?

Thanks

Thank Post
    I'd be interested in finding a bit more about this too.

Thank Post
    <!-- We request you retain the full copyright notice below including the link to Joomla Themes | Free Joomla Templates - Joomlaxe.
    This not only gives respect to the large amount of time given freely by the developers
    but also helps build interest, traffic and use of Joomlaxe Template. If you (honestly) cannot retain
    the full copyright we ask you at least leave in place the "Designed By JoomlAxe" line, with
    "JoomlAxe" linked to Joomla Themes | Free Joomla Templates - Joomlaxe.
    -= Regards, Spy2furious, JoomlAxe Developer =-
    /-->
    <div class="copyrightbg">
    <div class="container">
    <div class="copyright">
    Copyright &copy; 2008 Axe Rescheek
    Designed by <a href="http://www.joomlaxe.com">JoomlAxe.com</a> and modified for use by <a href="http://projects.edugeek.net">Edugeek Projects</a> <br />
    <span>XHTML and CSS valid</span>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    Taken from the index.php within the template folder. There will be one for each template. It says you can remove it but to leave the joomlaxe line included. not sure about the edugeek one as it doesnt mention it.

\\helpdesk\c$\wamp\www\site\templates\axe_rescheek _red\index.php - Line 133

Thank Post
    I would say check with the developer of the new version of the edu geek joomla project. It might be copyright infringement to do that.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread