+ Post New Thread
EduGeek Joomla 1.5 Package Thread, Axe Rescheek sub menus in Projects:; I'm currently hosting my test site locally, so forgive me for not being able to provide a better example than ...

Thank Post

Axe Rescheek sub menus

I'm currently hosting my test site locally, so forgive me for not being able to provide a better example than my screenshot and the Edugeek Joomla demo site.

Using the Axe Rescheek theme, does anybody know of a CSS fix so that sub menus within the main menu at the top?

To use the Edugeek Joomla demo site as an example, let's say that I want to create a sub menu when I hover over the History option on the Curriculum menu to show 3 more options - say, Facilities, Homework and Timetable.

I know how to set this up through the backend, but when I try it out (and in all browsers), these 3 options would appear elsewhere - in this case, probably floating just over the News menu option.

There's a better example in my screenshot. I want to be able to hover over Sales in the SPA menu and have the Instrument Sales option appear just to the right, instead of over the Contact Us menu.

I presume other people have had this problem? How have people got around this? Any ideas for a CSS fix?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Axe Rescheek sub menus-screenshotforedugeek.jpg  

Thank Post
    I have noticed that the submenus appear but they are out of alignment (too high).
    Last edited by DirtySnipe; 19th February 2009 at 05:50 PM.

3. Thanks to DirtySnipe from:

fernt (24th February 2009)

Thank Post
    On a slightly related note has anyone worked out how to use a full width header without breaking the navigation in IE6?

Thank Post
    Thanks DirtySnape - your screenshot has made me realise that the problem is not as bad as I'd originally thought.

My screenshot shows a bad example, and if I'd been a bit less lazy and had constructed a fuller menu like yours then I would've noticed that the sub menu isn't actually too far away from where I want it to be.

I'll post a fix when I have a proper look at the CSS, but thankfully it's going to be a lot easier than I'd envisaged.

Thank Post
    Im still having submenu issues.

Any fix?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtySnipe View Post
    Im still having submenu issues.

Any fix?
    I've completely redesigned my menus a lot since I first posted in February, but to get your alignment right you need to fiddle with the first and last numbers in the following in suffix.css:

#topmenu ul li ul ul {
    margin: -40px 0 0 16em;
    }

What you need to change them to will depend on any other alterations you've made to the design of your menus (such as the width of each column), but with a bit of experimentation you'll see what's what.

This article seems to have been used as a basis for the menu system and can help you understand how it's been built up:

Son of Suckerfish Dropdowns | HTML Dog

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread