+ Post New Thread
EduGeek Joomla 1.5 Package Thread, Joomla transfer in Projects:; Hi guys, It's not really anything to do with the Edugeek project but as i use this forum so much ...
    Thank Post

Joomla transfer

Hi guys,
    It's not really anything to do with the Edugeek project but as i use this forum so much i thought it might help someone searching in the future.

Basically I've put a joomla package into a test folder on my server, installed and have setup pretty much how i'd like it to look. What I want to do now is take that /test/ folder and put it into the main directory. Theres so much on the web on what to do when transferring to a new server etc but not really specific to this.
    I just basically want to copy/move the whole folder to the / folder so that when people go to my mainpage the content is there.
    Probably a simple answer but i'm struggling to concentrate today so apologies for my laziness beforehand.

Kind regards,
    Steve

Thank Post
    If its on the same server then its quite simple just move all the files to the root (a cut and paste jobbi).

Then look in your config.php file and change the items that refer to its location, to its new location thats it really. Oh and check all you plugins are still pointing to the proper location.

Thank Post
    Oh ok, i thought it may be the case but didnt want to risk it without finding out first. Cheers mate
    Will have a play when this hangover subsides a wee bit, damn saturday nights

Thank Post
    ISome extra addons might want you to change the paths they use but they can all be done after the move as the basic site will still work.

Also, go into Global Config and alter tmp, log and ftp paths to your new location (usually just means removing "\oldfoldername" from the values.

Your main problem can be that your editor has put full path names to internal links in articles or images

If you've just got a few of these, just alter manually.

If you've got a lot of them, I do an export of the SQL data using PHPMyAdmin, download it to my computer, do a search and replace for the oldfoldername and then re-import it.

regards

Simon

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread