+ Post New Thread
EduGeek Joomla 1.5 Package Thread, mod_rokslideshow in Projects:; Greetings! I am busily deploying the new package and think that it is great. I like the rokslideshow because it ...

Thank Post

mod_rokslideshow

Greetings!
    I am busily deploying the new package and think that it is great. I like the rokslideshow because it supports separate captions for for each image. I have some sites using the older 1.5 edugeek package the uses mod_js_smoothgallery. I would like to replace mod_js_smoothgallery with rokslideshow.

I see the code for smoothgallery in the header of the older template, but I don't see code for rokslideshow in the new template. Nor can I locate the _blank that the Module Class suffix refers to. Can anyone advise as to how to incorporate rokslideshow into template?

Thanks,

Jeff

Thank Post
    Go into modules and check what position the smoothgallery module is published to

disable this module and enable you rokslideshow and publish it to the same position as your old smothgallery

regards

Simon

Thank Post
    Thanks Simon. I am sorry, I should have mentioned that I have already done as you suggested. There seems to be more involved than simply installing and publishing the module. I will double check the path for the images. Thanks again for the reply.
    Jeff

Thank Post
    make sure you size it the same as your smooth gallery too!

Thank Post
    I have done that. Thanks!

Thank Post

When in doubt.........

Read the documentation. I see that rokslideshow is dependent upon mootools. I see that in the template index of the new package. I will add it to the older package. I'll keep you posted.......

Thank Post

issue identified

On the site which I was having problems, I have set up a drop down main menu using mod_superfishmenu. This uses jQuery. Evidently jQuery and MooTools are conflicting. If I disable the menu, rokslideshow loads properly. However, when mod_superfish is enabled, rokslideshow does not load.

Thank Post
    I like the rokslideshow because it supports separate captions for for each image.
    A workaround is to use the old slideshow module and just overlay your text on each image.

Simply use a layer image editor and have one layer for the image, one for the text (and pref a background plain box for the text area ) and just merge them to produce a final jpg.

To get a slightly better looking effect make 2 copies of each final image - one without txt and one with and name them appropriately so that you get the text pop up type effect by just displaying plain first and plain plus text second)

Since these images don't tend to change much - this is not a big a job as it sounds

regards

Simon

9. Thanks to SimpleSi from:

jeffy (21st January 2009)

Thank Post
    Thank you Simon. I dabble a bit with Fireworks, and your good suggestion would be fairly easy. I am also toying with using another solution for a drop down menu. I am following the directions for creating a drop down menu that are located here: Creating a CSS Drop down Menu - Joomla! Documentation I am slowly learning about CSS, so I am leaning towards this solution. I can use the extended menu module that is mentioned on this page. This will allow me to dump the superfish menu that is causing problems and thenI can run rokslideshow.
    Thanks again,
    Jeff

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information