+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
EduGeek Joomla 1.5 Package Thread, Brand New Edugeek Joomla Package in Projects:; I'm using AcyMailing, its easy to setup Originally Posted by SimpleSi Lovely What you using to do the mailing list? ...

Thank Post

AcyMailing

I'm using AcyMailing, its easy to setup

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSi View Post
    Lovely

What you using to do the mailing list?

regards

Simon

Thank Post
    It's cool mate,

only criticism i have is the pictures on the header seem to be over zoomed and start to pixelate. The articles seem to bleed over into the side adverts, i think this is the package problem can SYSMAN_MK confirm this ? As ive never been able to sort that out as it is a pain whilst editing.

Over all its great gratz

Thank Post
    This does not happen on Windows platform guess your using something like Ubuntu?

Am I correct?

Quote Originally Posted by busby View Post
    It's cool mate,

only criticism i have is the pictures on the header seem to be over zoomed and start to pixelate. The articles seem to bleed over into the side adverts, i think this is the package problem can SYSMAN_MK confirm this ? As ive never been able to sort that out as it is a pain whilst editing.

Over all its great gratz

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by philipsmith View Post
    This does not happen on Windows platform guess your using something like Ubuntu?

Am I correct?
    I doubt it would be system specific..... could be browser specific... or sysman has fixed it

Thank Post
    It's cool mate,

Over all its great gratz
    This doesn't seem to happen when I view the site. Maybe attach a screen print showing what you mean.

Cheers,
    Steve

Thank Post

Smile

Hi,

This is using IE6 res is 1024x768 you can see what i mean regarding header. The side menus on this pc have dropped im not on a pc with ie8 to show the article bleeding over the menu to the right.
    when im on a pc with ie8 on ill up load some more.
    Also test this on firefox, crome, all ies 6,7,8 and see how it looks i found the the layout varys depending on what browser you use. most people use ie sorry for being a little negative im wanting to use this template for the schools we support as its ideal, easy to manage us techies know how much hard work goes into this and your average joe wants it to look right on "their machine" all they want to know is
    1. is it easy to manage.
    2. does it look good.
    3. does it do what you say it does.
    3. does it look and act the same on any machine.

like i say over all its great as i'm currently testing this and want to use it myself.

Cheers

Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Brand New Edugeek Joomla Package-1.jpg   Brand New Edugeek Joomla Package-2.jpg  

7. Thanks to busby from:

philipsmith (5th February 2010)

Thank Post
    I will be able to fix that give me today to work on it and try again Monday!

Hi,

This is using IE6 res is 1024x768 you can see what i mean regarding header. The side menus on this pc have dropped im not on a pc with ie8 to show the article bleeding over the menu to the right.
    when im on a pc with ie8 on ill up load some more.
    Also test this on firefox, crome, all ies 6,7,8 and see how it looks i found the the layout varys depending on what browser you use. most people use ie sorry for being a little negative im wanting to use this template for the schools we support as its ideal, easy to manage us techies know how much hard work goes into this and your average joe wants it to look right on "their machine" all they want to know is
    1. is it easy to manage.
    2. does it look good.
    3. does it do what you say it does.
    3. does it look and act the same on any machine.

like i say over all its great as i'm currently testing this and want to use it myself.

Cheers

Chris

Thank Post

Joomla

I have been researching some Joomla (parts) will not display correctly on IE6 and below. If this is the case and you don't what people see the formatting issues you can simply insert a browser redirect for IE6 and older browsers to another site template!

Thank Post
    Good Idea,
    but what about ie 7 and 8 i will upload a couple of screenies over the weekend to show you what i mean about the bleeding into the menus on the right.
    if you fix it let us know how you have done it so we could apply the same fix if it happens to our sites.
    i really want to use it but a bit apprehensive at the moment due to the minor glitches.

Thank Post
    To me it just looks like the floats/widths are a little bit off (without checking the package). Just some adjustments needed in the CSS and it will be fine

Thank Post
    I have been researching some Joomla (parts) will not display correctly on IE6 and below.
    I think IE6 has been given the kiss of death this week - we all need to not pander to it anymore and just say tough luck to anyone who says your site doesn't render properly in it.

I was the last techy on this earth to switch from IE5 to IE6 so if I say its time to move on - its time

regards

Simon
    PS Of course, I won't be touching IE8 with a bargepole and am only upgrading to IE7

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSi View Post
    I think IE6 has been given the kiss of death this week - we all need to not pander to it anymore and just say tough luck to anyone who says your site doesn't render properly in it.

I was the last techy on this earth to switch from IE5 to IE6 so if I say its time to move on - its time

regards

Simon
    PS Of course, I won't be touching IE8 with a bargepole and am only upgrading to IE7
    50% of people are on IE and 20% of that on IE6... So by not pandering to IE6 your cutting 10% (given if it's only cosmetic, then you should be okay)

14. Thanks to mossj from:

SimpleSi (5th February 2010)

Thank Post
    Just going to revamp our CLC website and this will be a strong starting point. I'll put you a link on there too once complete. Thanks....

Thank Post
    Hi. Just downloaded and installed this. I'm fairly new to Joomla in this layout and are aving trouble with the Parents menu. When you hover over it the menu drops down and displays "About Us, Activities, Admissions" etc. But when you click any of the links all you get it the "Educational Welfare" article. When hovering over each menu item the URL does not point to a "folder" like the Curriculum menu items do, so the links are broken somewhere on the Parents menu.

I've looked in the Menu Manager. When I click on the menu items under Parents, the "select article" under "Parameters (Basic)" is set to the correct article for each item on the menu, so I don't understand why this menu is broken yet the Curriculum menu works fine.

When viewing the "Educational Welfare" article the menu that appears on the very left of the article all works fine and points to the correct articles with the correct URL.

Does anyone know why this isn't working and if so what settings I need to change since this effectively breaks the site.

Thanks in advance.

David.

Edit: Found the problem. The alias entries on the Menu Items were all wrong, the didn't point to the article alias.
    Last edited by dcross; 26th May 2010 at 02:12 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,449 Posts
    Currently rebuilding our site around this Welcome to the Frontpage the patch from 1.5.10 to 1.5.20 works fine as well.

Ben

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast