+ Post New Thread
EduGeek Joomla 1.5 Package Thread, Need Joomla Component suggestion for Alumni in Projects:; I need a suggestion of component(s) to use with Joomla 1.5 to build a database for Alumnis for my school. ...

Thank Post

Need Joomla Component suggestion for Alumni

I need a suggestion of component(s) to use with Joomla 1.5 to build a database for Alumnis for my school. It would be nice if it is not only restricted to registration for the purposes of collecting data only. It would be nice to have some kind of interaction to increase the chances of them returning.
    I'm thinking of a component that can handle registration and also grouping since theres that possibility that other users may be mixed into the fold. Also, a board or some sorts too.
    Any ideas?
    I also would appreciate suggestions of how to make this Alumni more interactive/interesting.

EDIT:
    I've found this thread: Alumni? and saw that Community Builder + Joomla Board may be a good candidate but I am not convinced yet. Btw, speaking of CB, is it possible to add/edit the registration form and add certain fields (e.g. Alumni or not, School/grad year, etc)? Also, is it possible to print a contact list based on the filters e.g. Alumni, School year, etc. ?

Your help, opinions, suggestions greatly greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by markiemark; 9th January 2009 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Added new findings

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread