+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
EduGeek Joomla 1.5 Package Thread, New 1.5 Package Under Construction - Sysman_MK in Projects:; Your package looks great! Would you consider posting the template so that I could use it one one of my ...

Thank Post
    Your package looks great! Would you consider posting the template so that I could use it one one of my existing sites? I have already taken the time to add/remove extensions to suit my needs including moving out of Legacy Mode and running the backend over SSL. I would like to use the template and am curious about what extensions you are using. What extensions are in your package? And are the all freely available?
    Thanks,
    Jeff

2. Thanks to jeffy from:

SYSMAN_MK (8th January 2009)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 721 Posts
    Ok guys after some tweaking I think the theme should now display fine in IE6 / IE7 / GC / FF2 / FF3. If anyhone here can see any issues please let me know.

Theme has valid XHTML / CSS.

Display options are either left column + center + right column or left column + center

Click on large images to see highslide effect

Feedback greatly recieved. Colour options to follow and then will be ready for download.

Thank Post
    have the drop menu to have a color outline so it doe blend into like school status, etc.

thanks

In an airless, window free cupboard at the back of the ICT suite...
    Thank Post

looking good!

Using in FF3 & Safari on OS X and working fine (no menu problems here!)
    Looks very slick and loads quick too. Love the photos which slide in when clicked. Nice touches...

How will this be available at BETT? Going to be visiting on Friday and must make sure to pop in and say "hi" to the Edugeek stand...;-)

Lewis (aka Dinsyboy)

6. Thanks to dinsyboy from:

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Looks good in IE6, FF3.1 and Chrome here SYSMAN (menus all work perfectly). Loving the zooming images

8. Thanks to mark from:

Thank Post
    i would like also to see the statistics like that is listed here:

Welcome to the Frontpage

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by daboroe View Post
    have the drop menu to have a color outline so it doe blend into like school status, etc.

thanks
    Don't plan to sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by dinsyboy View Post
    Using in FF3 & Safari on OS X and working fine (no menu problems here!)
    Looks very slick and loads quick too. Love the photos which slide in when clicked. Nice touches...

How will this be available at BETT? Going to be visiting on Friday and must make sure to pop in and say "hi" to the Edugeek stand...;-)

Lewis (aka Dinsyboy)
    Cheers all being well this will be available via the projects pages ready for when BETT starts.

Quote Originally Posted by daboroe View Post
    i would like also to see the statistics like that is listed here:

Welcome to the Frontpage
    Have added some more modules to the current demo.

Welcome to the Frontpage

Thank Post
    Colour themes now completed. They are quite subtle but should suite most.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New 1.5 Package Under Construction - Sysman_MK-example_green.png   New 1.5 Package Under Construction - Sysman_MK-example_blue.png   New 1.5 Package Under Construction - Sysman_MK-example_red.png   New 1.5 Package Under Construction - Sysman_MK-example_orange.png  

12. 4 Thanks to SYSMAN_MK:

daboroe (9th January 2009), dinsyboy (9th January 2009), Gonk (9th January 2009), jeffy (9th January 2009)

Thank Post

Thumbs up

i like the meet the staff area and thanks for the statistics. what do you all think? Instead of content can we have it say Article and Content Hits can we have it say Article Hits.

when do you forsee it being available?

Suggestions:
    1. Having a background color. I know some people think that it looks to white that I have show this too.

2. Having a background color for the modules. This could be set by the super administrator based on each module. How hard would this be.

Questions:
    1.What are you using for the slideshow that is not the slideshow pro that the last version of this system had

2. School Notes & School Profile can have text instead of the image & download because those are just articles correct?

3. What if the user would want to put a border around the menu stuff so it does not blend in, can you tell us how to do that?

Thank you for reading my suggestions & questions.

Once again thank you for creating this, I really do like it. If I get the job I want we would most likely be using this since we are faced with a limited budget and that I am good with joomla. lol.

Mike
    Last edited by daboroe; 9th January 2009 at 04:46 AM.

Thank Post
    Looks great, nice and clean. Maybe throw a font resize option in there somewhere if possible?.
    Can I ask sysman do you create the icons yourself? By icons I mean the treasure chest, binoculars and briefcase down the left hand side for example. They look great, I was wondering if you create them yourself or if there's somewhere you can get them for free use?

Thank Post
    I am in need a few beta testers to check that the package will install ok. Have tested on 2 systems myself and all seems good.

PM me and I will supply download links.

Thank Post
    i like the meet the staff area and thanks for the statistics. what do you all think? Instead of content can we have it say Article and Content Hits can we have it say Article Hits.
    You would have to alter the joomla core to achieve this.

1. Having a background color. I know some people think that it looks to white that I have show this too.

2. Having a background color for the modules. This could be set by the super administrator based on each module. How hard would this be.
    The theme will be staying as is for the time being. The idea of this package is to keep it simple and let people add the features they need rather than it being one huge package.

The features you take about can be achieve by editing the themes css.

1.What are you using for the slideshow that is not the slideshow pro that the last version of this system had
    RokSlideshow Overview

2. School Notes & School Profile can have text instead of the image & download because those are just articles correct?
    Yes

3. What if the user would want to put a border around the menu stuff so it does not blend in, can you tell us how to do that?
    Again you would need to edit the themes css.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgex1 View Post
    Looks great, nice and clean. Maybe throw a font resize option in there somewhere if possible?.
    Maybe in future updates

Can I ask sysman do you create the icons yourself? By icons I mean the treasure chest, binoculars and briefcase down the left hand side for example. They look great, I was wondering if you create them yourself or if there's somewhere you can get them for free use?
    Icons are from Free Icon set - Icon Eden - Providing affordable stock vector icons for websites, applications, software

In an airless, window free cupboard at the back of the ICT suite...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYSMAN_MK View Post
    I am in need a few beta testers to check that the package will install ok. Have tested on 2 systems myself and all seems good.

PM me and I will supply download links.
    PM'ed. Happy to give feedback about install too if needed.

Regards,

Lewis

18. Thanks to dinsyboy from:

SYSMAN_MK (9th January 2009)

Thank Post
    Oh yes, I must be going blind in my old age

Thank Post
    Uploaded to a test site and tweaked around with it a bit - all seems fine...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast