+ Post New Thread
EduGeek Joomla 1.5 Package Thread, Slideshow not working on new install in Projects:; Hi Guys, I have installed Joomla on our school site but the county only run win servers with IIS so ...
    Thank Post

Unhappy Slideshow not working on new install

Hi Guys,

I have installed Joomla on our school site but the county only run win servers with IIS so they have set the mysql up on a windows server. This makes things a bit harder as i can not alter the permissions on files myself.

As soon as i installed 1.53 i upgraded the site to 1.58 by uploading all of the new folders over the original. The only one i did not overwrite was templates as i saw someone mention that on here.

Before and after the upgrade i am unable to get the slideshow to work. I am new to joomla and the menu's are slightly confusing and all over the place and i can not for the life of me work out where settings are for it.

All i get is a grey box with a static loading bar saying "loading slideshow image".

Flash works on my machine fine and i have tested other machines and they see the same. I know i need to alter the configuration.php file permissions as i get the following error when i try to change any settings in global config.

An Error has occurred! Unable to open configuration.php file to write!

Is there a guide to what i have set for this file? 777 etc? and if this is the wrong setting is there likely to be another one causing the slideshow to fail? anyone got any suggestions here as i'm going to be a pain if i keep going back to my tech guy at county asking for individual files to be changed all the time.

I did do a number of searches on here for slideshow probs but came up with nothing similar.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Thank Post
    It sounds as if it is permissions on your jsnslideshow folder, it needs to be writeable. Does you county not give you FTP access? Plesk access?
    See attached for files that need to be writable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Slideshow not working on new install-joomla_permissions.jpg  

Thank Post
    Thanks for the reply. I gave up with the county hosted attempt in the end and opted for CS New Media to host the site as they have had some good feedback on this website and also host these packages for other schools.

I seem to have the same issue as before though with the slideshow not loading and coming up with the message in the grey box saying "loading slideshow image".

Is this normal for a new installation? We asked CS New Media to set up Joomla for us so that we could get past these annoying permissions errors and still seem to be facing them.

Are there supposed to be demo images in there on a new install or is it supposed to be like that?

I looked at the jsn folder using my ftp client and could only find mod_jsn_imageshow_pro folder.

All of the folders below this seemed to at least have 755 permissions. Was there somewhere else i was supposed to look?

Thanks for the help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Slideshow not working on new install-loading-slideshow.jpg  

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,338 Times in 726 Posts
    I take it you are using the previous package. If so the folder mod_jsn_imageshow_pro needs to be set as 777

Thank Post
    I tried it and had no luck but when i tried it on a few more sub folders and files it all came to life!

Thanks!

I have noticed your new package which looks great, now i am in two minds whether to install that one instead of the current older one im using

I must like punishment.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread