+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
EduGeek Joomla 1.5 Package Thread, changes for edugeek joomla in Projects:; so since I am using it for the a school and/or a school district I am completely fine? I assume ...
    Thank Post
    so since I am using it for the a school and/or a school district I am completely fine?

I assume from this point on that we have to update it ourselves or will you do the updates but only allow certain people such as ones with .edu e-mail addresses to download it. I am a college student doing this website for my high school / home school district, so I will not have an e-mail from the district.

Just a side note. Not all schools have a .edu email / website. For example. the district I am helping out its website is xxxx.k12.pa.us. I took out the initials for the district, that is why it is 4 x's.

i may or may not get a job at this district but I may charge for set up of the site, maintenance, and etc. I would not charge for joomla since that is illegal under the licence agreement and I would not charge for indiviual components. Can I do this?

thanks for all of your hard work.

Thank Post
    So is there anywhere i can get or have the joomla package emailed to my sch.uk email address?

Thank Post

What a shame!

Nothing like a dose of greed to ruin a good thing for all, especially for schools that are struggling as it is. Seems like there should be some way to "qualify" legit users.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Just to let you know this is not gone forever just until I have put together a total gpl package with no paid for packages within I hope to have something within the next couple of weeks.

5. 10 Thanks to alonebfg:

dinsyboy (30th November 2008), firefighting (3rd November 2008), krisd32 (28th November 2008), Luke_T (9th December 2008), markiemark (31st October 2008), MikeW (26th October 2008), ninjabeaver (11th November 2008), rush_tech (4th November 2008), sparkeh (26th October 2008), Wallgo (29th October 2008)

Thank Post
    Cheers dude.

Anyone got a copy I can download at all - or send to me school account?

Thank Post
    May you tell me if Edugeek package for Joomla! 1.5 is available to downolad?
    I am a school teacher, at this time in my school we are trying to rebuild our site with Joomla!
    Thank you.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alonebfg View Post
    Just to let you know this is not gone forever just until I have put together a total gpl package with no paid for packages within I hope to have something within the next couple of weeks.
    Can I still use the version of edu geek that you had out before this all started. I really do not want to start from scratch and in the process of getting it approved for the school I was actually doing it for.

Thanks

mike

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by daboroe View Post
    Can I still use the version of edu geek that you had out before this all started. I really do not want to start from scratch and in the process of getting it approved for the school I was actually doing it for.

Thanks

mike
    I'm sorry to intrude and kinda add more annoyance (hopefully not) to this but I was wondering abt this too. I'm planning to build one for a religion institution run school.
    If e-mailing isn't a prob, should I make an email request? If not, is there like an extensive guide somewhere that I could follow so that I could build something alike or similar at the least? The credit would definitely be there so I just need leads...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alonebfg View Post
    I missed out this one. Luckily I went thru! Looking forward for a release! THANKS!

Thank Post
    is there any update? If not I may be forced to use the regular version of Joomla to start this webstie up. Please let me know.

thank you

Thank Post

Well - that's just excellent

I personally would favor an approach with just the GPL stuff, and some links to resources to accomplish the rest.

I'm trying to avoid re-inventing the wheel, and have found configurable joomla templates to be more the exception than the rule, esp those with a public-education slant.

Thank Post
    Hi, long time lurker, first time poster.

I have been given the task to update my schools website and have been waiting for this package to be made available. It has been quite some time since anything has been released. Is there a reason for the delay?

I noticed on the blogs that Sysman_MK had started developing a 1.5 site. Is this something that is going to be made available?

Keep up the good work guys and I look forward to implementing your package.

Thank Post
    Ahh, typical really...

You withdraw the Joomla package, and then I get asked to start creating a website to replace our current one...

Oh, well, I'm sure something will come out soon... although, I could grab a copy of the older version 1.0 for now....

Thank Post
    Nobody have the 1.5 package they can send me? I was hoping to have a play with it this weekend.

Thank Post
    Me too!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast