EduGeek Joomla 1.5 Package Thread, Joomla 1.5 installation on Leopard server 10.5.3 in Projects:; Hello all,
I have just been trying to get the Joomla 1.5 Edugeek package installed to check out the differences ...
31st May 2008, 12:23 PM #1
Joomla 1.5 installation on Leopard server 10.5.3
I have just been trying to get the Joomla 1.5 Edugeek package installed to check out the differences between the 1.1.1 and the 1.5.
i tried the installation of 1.5 first on my Mac mini running Leopard Server 10.5.3. I ran into a problem where the installation raised an error. (See attached picture).
I checked the permissions and php configs but nothing seemed wrong. I then proceeded to install the 1.1.1 package to check if this too had errors during install. This one went flawlessly.
I then used the same settings as this one except changed the Db prefix. It still failed.
I decided to try and download the default joomla package from their website v1.5.3. The installation got right to the end where it should tell you to delete the installation folder but instead i get a blank page. I went ahead and deleted it anyway only to find that when i refreshed the config.php was missing. So it looked like it hadn't created it when i clicked on next to finish the install.
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced any issues when installing Joomla 1.5 /1.5.3?
IDG Tech News
31st May 2008, 09:00 PM #2
i will have a look at this thanks for your comment.
31st May 2008, 10:24 PM #3
if you download package again it should work fine there seems to be a problem with my programme I use for zipping as it dropped a load of files.
If you still have any issues come back and I will check it again.
1st June 2008, 01:36 AM #4
OK Thanks. I will give it a shot. I also tried to download the Joomla package though from their site 1.5.3 and also had installation problems with that. That's the one that failed to create the config.php file.
So it may be more to do with either my install or Leopard 10.5.3.
1st June 2008, 03:59 PM #5
I have re-downloaded the package and have now installed it.
It does seem to be a bit quicker at returning the requested pages than the 1.1.1 version.
Thanks for your prompt response and fix alonebfg.
I would give you a thumb but for some unknown reason when i click it nothing seems to happen.
By mactech03 in forum Mac
Last Post: 27th February 2009, 03:10 PM
Last Post: 30th May 2008, 03:37 PM
By mactech03 in forum Mac
Last Post: 2nd April 2008, 10:00 PM
By MattCowen in forum Web Development
Last Post: 12th July 2007, 04:35 PM
By u8dmtm in forum Web Development
Last Post: 6th June 2007, 11:46 AM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)