I have a Rokslideshow on our front page which was working fine. I only have 5 images, each with an assosiated txt files. I removed one of the old images so I could add a new one and at first my ie8 didnt show the image changes (the new txts showed ok). After I restarted my web browser the new images showed, with correct txt.
I have just been informed by someone using Google Chrome that their slideshow is still showing the old images with the new txt, even though their pc has been turned off and on 3 or 4 times since I updated it.
I viewed it from my Google Chrome and it loaded correctly.
Has anyone had this issue before and is there a way to force this to refresh for all visitors for the site. I dont want to have to tell the user that they need to clear their cache as this will only solve the problem for this one user.
R E S
I have found a work around, but would still like to know if anyone has a better answer.
Rokslideshow does not need the images to start at 1. I have renamed all my images and txt files to start at 50, upto 55. I can now add images either side of this and delete old ones without the worry for a users cache to be updated.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)