+ Post New Thread
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast
EduGeek Joomla 1.0 Package Thread, Edugeek Joomla Package Released in Projects:; @blackcat: You need to carefully compose your shot and then get creative with the crop tool. Take a look at ...

Thank Post

Re: Edugeek Joomla Package Released

@blackcat: You need to carefully compose your shot and then get creative with the crop tool. Take a look at www.baines.lancs.sch.uk for some ideas.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 721 Posts
    Is the packge for Joomla 1.0.13 ready yet?
    Currently updating the package. Was hoping to have it ready for BETT but what with Chrimbo computer said no.

How about getting the header.psd file for the default template? I know they were forgotten in the original zip and were later uploaded in png form, the png cannot be edited in photoshop.
    Again these will be added in the upcoming update. But the blank headers that have been supplied previously in this thead can be edited in Photoshop. They are blank header images that you overlay your own text / images on.

How do you get the originals for the red stripy template please?
    See above comment.

How do you make those very clear 660x213 pixel images in the smoothgallery that are on the front page ? I tried stretching some ordinary pics, but they are distorted. What's the secret - a wide angle lens ?
    Just as _Ric said. Take a standard image and the crop and resize for a nice sharp image.

PEO
    Thank Post

sticy?

whats a sticky?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,587 Times in 1,390 Posts
    Blog Entries
    @ Sysman_MK in headers.psd i can only find the logos for the default template.

Thank Post
    Please look at post 203

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,587 Times in 1,390 Posts
    Blog Entries
    didnt see that

Thank Post

make folders writeable

Quote Originally Posted by carolla View Post
    I'm having problems with the final step of installation: make folders writable via FTP.

I'm setting it up initially on a standalone computer running Apache. I've tried to FTP to localhost using various types of connection and password combinations with Filezilla without any success: "Login or password incorrect"

I've also tried to take the tick out of 'read only' from Windows Explorer file properties but next time I look its marked again.
    Can I go back to this post which didn't seem to get a reply? I too have this message on the same installation. Did you resolve the issue carolla?

Thank Post
    I'm sure it's just a permissions issue, make sure the folders are CHMOD to writable levels, I think Joomla.org has a list of what all the files should be, also you want to make sure that your host allows you to be owner of folders in your FTP (if that makes sense) I rememebr one time I had a old host that wasn't very joomla friendly and I wasn't allowed to CHMOD certain folders. So, some ultimate advice get a joomla friendly host and you should'nt have any problem. Siteground is wonderful.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    make sure the folders are CHMOD to writable levels
    Could you explain this a bit more please, I don't understand what that CHMOD means:-(
    you want to make sure that your host allows you to be owner of folders in your FTP (if that makes sense)
    This is on a local test machine, as in on my desk so I should have admin permissions on everything.
    So, some ultimate advice get a joomla friendly host and you should'nt have any problem. Siteground is wonderful.
    Everything appears to work OK but I am only at the start of the development.

Thank Post
    I never did resolve the issue with the local installation, not even sure that it was a real problem. I decided instead that it would make more sense to develop the site on a web hosted platform, which I did with 5quidhost (who incidently have been extremely helpful with any problems I had).
    Carol

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by leco View Post
    Could you explain this a bit more please, I don't understand what that CHMOD means:-(
    This is on a local test machine, as in on my desk so I should have admin permissions on everything.

Everything appears to work OK but I am only at the start of the development.
    I see, yeah CMOD is the permissions you give files and folders on your site, I usually do it via FTP program (ie. 755,777, etc). I have never used a local test host, always have done live installs and used a domain name that I wasn't using for anything to test with.

Again, I couldn't mention this enough, getting a Joomla friendly host is the best way to go, or find out why those host are Joomla friendly, and duplicate what they got. I've been in the situation many times where the server I was using should've worked but for some reason unknown to me it didn't.

Hope this helps

Thank Post

Thanks

Thank you for this. I will investigate/explore some more and see what I can and cannot do without setting folder permissions. First stop seems to be learn FTP commands.

Thank Post

Package Updated to Joomla 1.0.13

Package updated. Please see first post for information.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I have just been playing with one of the sites with the edugeek download and have found a few issues. First is rss feed componant. For some reason is has problems with ie7 I have found a newer version http://www.run-digital.com/download/...d_manager.html and it seems to work fine with no problems. The second problem i have had is with jce and file manager not showing some files in the folder I know the is a updated version of this as well but you will need to install a updated jce component and mambot. Be warned if you do update them because you have IE7 Issues you will need to pay for subscription for the newer file manager which works.(only 10) for the year but it seems to have sorted all the issues out. Forgot to say this is with the 1.13 version.
    Last edited by alonebfg; 9th February 2008 at 10:28 AM.

15. Thanks to alonebfg from:

SYSMAN_MK (10th February 2008)

Thank Post
    Cheers for the head up alonebfg, I will look into updating the RSS component.

As for the uploading problem I have encountered this with folders that have a index.html file in them that stop you viewing the contents of a folder via your browser. I think some of the folders on the package my have them by default. I will look into this aswell.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread