+ Post New Thread
EduGeek Joomla 1.0 Package Thread, How are you using edugeek Joomla Package in Projects:; Having finally got my head around how it works, I'm now considering the best way to use it in schools ...

Thank Post

How are you using edugeek Joomla Package

Having finally got my head around how it works, I'm now considering the best way to use it in schools (primary in my case).

Who is updating/changing content on your sites - is it you/school office/head/teachers/everyone???

Do you arrange section/categories to follow any structure or is it a bit of free for all?

Generally on my websites, I've got a lot of static content (how good the school is -openingtimes etc), a few things that change regurlarly (newsletters) and others a bit more slowly (hoilday dates - information for parents - links to Ofsted reports) and then a few (or a lot!) of exhibting pupil work type pages.

At a minimum I havethe head/school sec updating the newsletters by simple convert to PDF and FTP upthe new one and all other stuff gets changed by me (trad webmaster role) or in some cases, the teachers maintain their own class page using a simple CMS (CMSimple in fact )

I'm thinink a good way is to give each editor person head/school sec/teachers their own section/category (so sections head/office/class) and then categories for each indivdual class within the class section.

What do you think/do at your place?
    Links to good sites gratefuly received

regards
    Simon

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    http://www.carrhill.lancsngfl.ac.uk

One of the technicians here has 'website design and maintainence' in his job description, so offically it's his problem. However a couple of other members of staff add pictures/news items occasionally.

Newsletters/heads letters/etc usually have to go via us because turning a word document into pdf seems to be too hard.

Thank Post
    Firwood School - Home

This a website for a primary school I have been editing/creating using Joomla 1.1 (rokwebify) from here. Some schools maintain their own sites and even a headteacher controls all aspects of their site at his primary. The beauty of this package is it's all done for you, apart from a few menu changes and unpublishing stuff you don't want, it becomes a doddle. Great fun once you get your head round it.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Singist View Post
    Firwood School - Home

This a website for a primary school I have been editing/creating using Joomla 1.1 (rokwebify) from here. Some schools maintain their own sites and even a headteacher controls all aspects of their site at his primary. The beauty of this package is it's all done for you, apart from a few menu changes and unpublishing stuff you don't want, it becomes a doddle. Great fun once you get your head round it.
    It's looking good, did you get the prospectus updated Friday? don't hide your light under a bushel, what about listing the other school sites you have done too.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,811 Times in 1,559 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Firwood School - Home

Are you the techie at Firwood?

Thank Post
    Firwood is just around the corner from me...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    do any of you know the IT Support staff at Withins?

Thank Post
    i think the manager and the techie there are new appointments. My boss has visited the school met the manager there, but i dont know any of them personally

I nearly applied for the techie post myself a year or two ago - it was 20k+ for a techie job but was only a 12 month contract

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    The Network Manager has been there for around 2 years now the techie for not much shorter and they have just appointed some else

Thank Post
    yep, that sounds about right now I think about it.

I do know they were chucking a load of money around for the ICT staff. It's only a small school, I think around 600 kids, and the school has had it's fair share of problems. But I believe it's on the up and up now. Possibly being made into an academy school too?

Thank Post
    I'm a techie for 12 Primary schools in Bolton, Firwood isn't one of my regular schools, a colleague of mine has that pleasure, I was just asked to sort out their website because of my knowledge of Joomla.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kgcs View Post
    yep, that sounds about right now I think about it.

I do know they were chucking a load of money around for the ICT staff. It's only a small school, I think around 600 kids, and the school has had it's fair share of problems. But I believe it's on the up and up now. Possibly being made into an academy school too?
    No idea..

I'm a techie for 12 Primary schools in Bolton, Firwood isn't one of my regular schools, a colleague of mine has that pleasure, I was just asked to sort out their website because of my knowledge of Joomla.
    I thought the IT Support staff at Withins look after Firwood?

Thank Post
    I'm sure Singist is probably more in the know than myself, as he/she is one of the field techs, but I don't know of any secondary s in Bolton that supports any of the primary's. I could be wrong, but I'm 90% certain thats the case

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread