+ Post New Thread
EduGeek Joomla 1.0 Package Thread, Me again :( in Projects:; Right ok, Must again thank everyone for their time yesterday, Joomla is installed, hurrah I hear you cry Just a ...
    Thank Post

Me again :(

Right ok,

Must again thank everyone for their time yesterday, Joomla is installed, hurrah I hear you cry

Just a little problem with the background not displaying properly on the page, I'm unsure of where to go with this. If you take a look at the page

you can see what i'm talking about. It's like the background has disappeared and the way the page is held together isn't working.

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$title in /home/northan1/public_html/modules/mod_js_smoothgallery.php on line 11

is the only error on the page, but that relates to the smoothgallery, rather then the background itself. The little buggers at my host are charging 50p a minute, I'd rather pay that to edugeek
    Last edited by apoth0r; 20th February 2008 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Taking name out of google :)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 721 Posts
    I think some of the files have not uploaded by the looks of it. For example this should show the theme logo like it does on the demo site here.

Try re uploading all the files except the installation folder.

Thank Post
    Not having a good time are you

Your CSS files (the documents that control how your page looks (backgrounds etc)) are returning a 500 internal server error. Did you remove those .htaccess files that didn't work, and have the permissions set correctly on those files?

Thank Post
    haha!
    Thanks the combination of you both!

I had accidentally put one into the templates folder. So by picking up the .htaccess it wasn't allowing the template to deploy properly.

Thanks so much guys, as long as there aren't any more server side problems the package itself is pretty easy to use (thus why i ventured that way in the first place)

Once the donations page is in, consider a sizeable donation with your names on it to edugeek.

Many thanks

Thank Post
    Glad we could help. Hope you enjoy using Joomla.

Thank Post
    Sorry just one other thing, the line of code above the smoothgallery, any ideas what could be causing that?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 721 Posts
    That is due the the web server setup to display notices. Host issue i am afraid.

As a head ups apoth0r you might want to hold fire as I am putting the finishing touches on a new version of the package that does away with smoothgallery in favor of something else.

Thank Post
    Oh right, sounds good.
    Think i'll go ahead and have a play so that it might be easier for the next package. I wanna get some content sorted as well, it's all a learning curve

Thanks again

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information