bizzel (31st August 2009)
I had installed the server on my PC here and on uninstalling it seems to have taken some fonts with it. Any ideas?
bizzel (31st August 2009)
Here's a zip file containing the fonts that would have been uninstalled. You can drag them back into the Windows\Fonts folder and all will be well again. I'll definitely have a close look at the installer logic.
[Update] Check my post below for an automated repair MSI.
Last edited by bizzel; 4th September 2009 at 03:02 PM.
Thanks for that it's fixed it
Version 2.0.1 is out today - this is a maintenance release which should fix the bugs you've reported over the past week along with some that you haven't. The full list of changes is available here.
The most major bugs fixed are the issues with sending email notifications, problems with varying date formats, client crash on startup and font removal.
- A word about upgrading from version 2.0.0. You can perform an in-place upgrade, there's no need to uninstall the old version first. You will need to upgrade both client and server - the software may well work without doing this but I cannot support anyone who is running mismatched versions. I will aim to write future releases so that you only need to update the server application.
- Your database will be preserved, however, this time around your settings will not be so please note them down first. If you have been affected by the date bug, you may need to recreate your custom reports if you have any.
- Finally, if you have been affected by the font removal issue that was reported, I have a repair MSI available here that you can deploy.
Head on over and grab yourself a copy. I also updated the manual so you might want to download that again too.
Cheers for this but I'm still getting the same error regarding domain users recieving the initial login error and domiain admin ok.
Tried fresh installs and GPO updates but still the same. Can you advise anything??
Thanks again for all your efforts in this.
EDIT: Checked Event Logs and no information there
EDIT 2: Teachers are Power Users of their laptops.
Last edited by mortstar; 4th September 2009 at 12:22 PM.
Yes the installed version is 2.0.1
Seen the following in event viewer, if it helps:
Faulting application aup informant 2.exe, version 188.8.131.52, faulting module , version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000. Event ID 1000
Faulting application aup informant 2.exe, version 184.108.40.206, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.5512, fault address 0x00012aeb. Event ID 1000
Last edited by grandslam; 4th September 2009 at 12:32 PM.
I have sent you both PMs with a link to a testing build that does not attempt to use the event log in any way. Please check it out when you have a free moment and let me know if it resolves the issue.
Sent you a PM....I think we're onto a winner
And 2.0.2 is now available for general consumption. It's a very minor change to 2.0.1, just addressing the issue that wasn't properly fixed. Please update to 2.0.2 if you are on 2.0.1.
Last edited by bizzel; 4th September 2009 at 03:05 PM.
grandslam (4th September 2009)
I try to run AUP Informant after the install, but nothing happens. Getting the following error in the event log:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: .NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting
Event Category: None
Event ID: 5000
Time: 4:56:41 PM
EventType clr20r3, P1 aup informant server.exe, P2 220.127.116.11, P3 4aa1162b, P4 aup informant server, P5 18.104.22.168, P6 4aa1162b, P7 21, P8 5, P9 system.io.filenotfoundexception, P10 NIL.
Win2003 x86 SP2 R2, Framework 3.5 SP1
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)