Here it is, fresh from the compiler, just like Mom used to bake! It's been a long time since a release and 2.0 is still a way off so I thought I'd take the time to backport a few new features and fix some long-standing bugs.
First off, what's new?
- You'll just love that native MSI package!
- The 2.0 interface has been backported to 1.6
- You can finally set the program to appear every logon
- You can use an URL as the policy location instead of just a local path
What's got better?
- Much faster startup and lower memory usage
- Email reports now show the user's domain
- Email reports send in a new thread, preventing the UI from locking up
- A few minor performance tweaks
- Sometimes the main window would appear the incorrect size
- Global variables were being ignored in paths
- Hotkeys (enter for accept, esc for decline) were being ignored
- Incorrect fallback behaviour for when the staff policy file was unavailable
- Program would appear if the user's home path was disconnected
AUP Informant at Paul Beesley
Wow that looks fantastic! I have been meaning to sort out my AUP for ages.
One question, I can't find any installation instructions for the CC3 package, could you point me in their direction?
There's a readme file inside the download. If you need any help with editing the .config file, drop me a PM.
Are there any example of the htm policy files anywhere?
I had to download the conversion pack to open the docx readme.
Looks great though
Attached is our student policy, which is what we use with the software here.
Ah yes it was a docx file. We don't have 2007 in the school so it didn't stand out.
When I get home I'll repackage them with a .doc instead.
You are too kind!
That student aup looks very pretty and I'm not sure what I would use to duplicate it.
I was getting a 'Operation cancelled due to effect placed on this computer' windows error message. I used the CC3 package and duplicated my previous settings from an earlier version of the AUP informant.
I used 'teststudent' which is setup as a 'pupil' user in the CC3 MMC.
Was the previous package removed first and did you copy the old .config file across or did you modify the new one? Can you send me the config file as well, passwords removed if you like.
Just for peoples info....
I needed to create a 'file type' 'software restriction policy' in the CC3 MMC as for some reason it didnt pickup on the standard one (%ProgramFiles%\).
All working fine!
If that doesn't work you can add a file exception from the management console in Configuration Settings -> Software Restrictions Settings. However, you shouldn't need to do this normally.
Looks great thanks, I'll try and implement this week sometime
Looks good, and thanks for the MSI
Wish Id waited a few weeks now and not bothered with a script
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)