+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 43 of 43
EduGeek AUP Informant Thread, Released: EduGeek AUP Informant in Projects:; Looks great! Is there any way that you could make the header customisable so people can add school logos for ...
  1. #31

    Edu-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,114
    Thank Post
    403
    Thanked 619 Times in 566 Posts
    Rep Power
    180
    Looks great! Is there any way that you could make the header customisable so people can add school logos for example?

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Isle of Wight, UK
    Posts
    149
    Thank Post
    28
    Thanked 28 Times in 25 Posts
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzel View Post
    Hi Steve,

    Check the original post on page 1 for a link to the most current source. Was it you who suggested the code that checks if the policy was modified? If so, thanks, that's in this new version along with a setting to turn it on and off.
    Yep, that was me

    Quote Originally Posted by bizzel View Post
    AD integration would be very nice. Do you know if accessing the directory as a limited user would be a problem?
    I don't think it will be an issue - the user account has to have read-access to the relevant parts of the directory in order to do anything anyway, and I'd imagine that reading the groups of which they are a member is certainly allowed.

    According to the examples on this page, the LDAP stuff runs happily in the security context of the current user. I've done some LDAP stuff with PHP for our own internal helpdesk, and that hasn't required admin rights.

    I'll have a play tomorrow and see what I can come up with.

    Stephen

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    964
    Thank Post
    10
    Thanked 35 Times in 27 Posts
    Rep Power
    22
    Is there any way at all to disable the feature where it stops showing the AUP after agree?

    Want to install this on mobile devices so the AUP needs to be shown upon every login.

    Thanks

  4. #34
    bizzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    654
    Thank Post
    102
    Thanked 204 Times in 72 Posts
    Rep Power
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by googlemad View Post
    Is there any way at all to disable the feature where it stops showing the AUP after agree?

    Want to install this on mobile devices so the AUP needs to be shown upon every login.

    Thanks
    At the moment, there's not but it's the number one request so I'll be putting it into the next version. 1.5.2 is due sometime next week as a bugfix release and after that I'll begin adding this feature.

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    964
    Thank Post
    10
    Thanked 35 Times in 27 Posts
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzel View Post
    At the moment, there's not but it's the number one request so I'll be putting it into the next version. 1.5.2 is due sometime next week as a bugfix release and after that I'll begin adding this feature.
    Thanks, I created my own temporary fix for now by running a batch file at logoff and shutdown/restart to nuke the ini file.

    Also another suggestion from me would be to 'lock' any actions on the screen until the user had agreed.

  6. #36

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7
    Thank Post
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0
    Hi bizzel,
    We are having a play with AUPInformant and it looks great- just what we need. Nice one for that! Further to googlemad's request, is it possible to force aupinformant to run automatically at next login after a DECLINE only? Presumably by not writing the aup.ini when a user declines this could happen. Sorry, am no coder so haven't a clue about how to do that!!!!
    Cheers and all the best!

  7. #37

    FN-GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    15,824
    Thank Post
    875
    Thanked 1,675 Times in 1,458 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Power
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by eastb View Post
    Hi bizzel,
    We are having a play with AUPInformant and it looks great- just what we need. Nice one for that! Further to googlemad's request, is it possible to force aupinformant to run automatically at next login after a DECLINE only? Presumably by not writing the aup.ini when a user declines this could happen. Sorry, am no coder so haven't a clue about how to do that!!!!
    Cheers and all the best!
    This is something i would also like. Once this feature is available we will be using it in one of my schools. A way to get round it would be to use a logg off script to delete the .ini file but then it will display each time for everyone.

    Can you confirm the .exe can be run from a file server?

    Thanks

    Z

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,962
    Thank Post
    159
    Thanked 152 Times in 116 Posts
    Rep Power
    49
    Anyone got the latest version of this??

    Only got the original one, and now typically as I need the latest one, the site is down

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,752
    Thank Post
    79
    Thanked 288 Times in 219 Posts
    Rep Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
    Anyone got the latest version of this??

    Only got the original one, and now typically as I need the latest one, the site is down
    yup, if you've got my addy mail me or pm me.

  10. #40
    bizzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    654
    Thank Post
    102
    Thanked 204 Times in 72 Posts
    Rep Power
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
    Anyone got the latest version of this??

    Only got the original one, and now typically as I need the latest one, the site is down
    Down as in dead? I'll have to speak to my host!

  11. #41

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,962
    Thank Post
    159
    Thanked 152 Times in 116 Posts
    Rep Power
    49
    Up now cheers

    Although I needed the package kit...how long till the latest version of that is ready?

  12. #42
    bizzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    654
    Thank Post
    102
    Thanked 204 Times in 72 Posts
    Rep Power
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
    Up now cheers

    Although I needed the package kit...how long till the latest version of that is ready?
    Working to get it online today

  13. #43

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,962
    Thank Post
    159
    Thanked 152 Times in 116 Posts
    Rep Power
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzel View Post
    Working to get it online today
    cheers

    Its my own fault, I've had all summer to implement it yet I wait till today

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Fibre backbone Noise Acceptable Limits
    By Grommit in forum Windows
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 30th September 2009, 06:02 PM
  2. cpu usage 100%!!
    By marky2027 in forum Hardware
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 22nd November 2007, 04:51 PM
  3. NIC Usage
    By techyphil in forum Windows
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 23rd April 2007, 08:45 PM
  4. Windows 98 Usage
    By linuxgirlie in forum Windows
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 6th February 2007, 10:08 AM
  5. Acceptable Use Policy
    By kingswood in forum How do you do....it?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12th July 2006, 07:26 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •