Read&Write 9 with Adobe Acrobat X and Reader 9
Does anyone use Text Help Read&Write 9 here?
I have it installed on a couple of test machines that have both Acrobat X (part of CS5.5) and Reader 9. The default thing for PDFAloud to do in this configuration is to use the Acrobat X engine (which it doesn't work with) rather than the Reader 9 engine (which it does work with).
Does anyone know of a way to force it to use the Reader 9 engine?
Thanks in advance.
Read&Write 9 and Adobe Reader 9
Originally Posted by dhoward_westexetc
When you click on the PDFAloud icon and choose a particular PDF it will open with the program that is associated with .pdf files. In this case .pdf files are associated with Adobe Acrobat X so you will need to change the file association to Adobe Reader. This means that when you click on the PDFAloud icon and choose a PDF file that it will open with Adobe Reader 9.
To change file association:
1. Locate a .pdf file
2. Right-click on the .pdf file and choose Properties
3. In the section stating 'Type of File' and 'Open With' click on the 'Change' option
4. Browse to the appropriate program (Adobe Reader 9) and double click on it
5. Make sure the option 'Always use the selected program for this type of file' is ticked
6. Click 'OK'
7. Click 'Apply' and close the dialog box
Change file association via Control Panel
1. Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Associations
2. Locate .pdf
3. Choose 'Change Program'
4. Select Adobe Reader 9 and close
Texthelp Technical Support