Smartboard Software with PowerPoint 2003
One of our HS science teachers is having a problem with the SmartBoard but it only seems to exist when using MS PowerPoint (2003). Her desktop OS is XP Pro, all patches. She is running the most current version of SNB, and drivers are all up to date. There is a significant delay when attempting to change slides in PPT or making annotations - sometimes 3-5 seconds and sometimes it does not fully recognize contact with the board.
Here are the steps we have taken so far:
1. Tested other applications outside of PPT including Smart Notebook, Internet Explorer, MS Word, Excell, Desktop, and all work normally.
2. Uninstalled and reinstalled the SmartBoard drivers.
3. Replaced the USB cable, no change.
4. Tried her PowerPoint presentations on another teacher's station and SmartBoard logged in with a generic teacher account - worked fine.
5. Tried her PowerPoint presentations on her station logged in as a different user - admin and generic account - they worked fine.
6. Connected another laptop to her SmartBoard and had her login and run the presentations - issue still existed.
7. Deleted her local user profile, had her log in again - issue still existed.
8. Deleted the Smart Technologies and Smart Notebook folders in her user space thinking that there may be some temporary file in there causing the issues. No change.
9. Uninstall the Smart NoteBook software, and reinstall.
The issue seems to be related to her profile somehow, but I'm not sure how. We don't use roaming profiles in our District. My first thought was the there was a registry entry that was causing a problem, but since the issue occured when she was logged on to a different laptop that can't be it.
The only thing I can thing of to try next is to uninstall everything, go through the registry and delete any reference to SMART Technologies, delete her profile, and start from scratch. Or I could reimage it.
Is there anything I missed? I've seen some posts out there where other users have had issues with PowerPoint, but haven't really found a solution.