+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Educational Software Thread, Crazy Talk Licensing Model in Technical; Thanks for the feedback in this thread, good to see some post implementation review! I was about to come across ...

Thank Post
    Thanks for the feedback in this thread, good to see some post implementation review!
    I was about to come across the issue with having to reinstall it on machines, but fortunately these machines were just wrongly installed by some long haired hippy (wait - i resemble that statement!) so the uninstall will register on the internet. The question was raised as to whether this could be done and now i know!

Thank Post
    SimpleSi: Simon is that you? If your going to BETT 2009 then go to stand SW3 and I'll treat you to a brew!

Anyhow - as I think you know, ApplePanic's ReportBuilder has been discontinued

<--unauthorised advertising removed-->

Anyhow see you at BETT (if you go!).

-Anthony
    Last edited by vikpaw; 28th March 2010 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Unauthorised advertising

Thank Post
    I've been trying to install Crazy Talk but it keeps throwing a server error at me! Does anybody know if lancsngfl have blocked the ip address for the Crazy Talk server?? If this is the case...then i'm going to need to know the IP of the validation server so i can install the program.

Anyone else experienced this?

Thank Post
    News from the website.

Important! Please note that Techknowledgey Ltd. has ceased trading as from September 1st 2009. We would like to thank all our customers for their support over the past five years and see ourselves as being very fortunate to have you as customers. If you have any outstanding orders with us, please be aware that we are currently sourcing alternative suppliers to meet your requirements. If this is not suitable, please let us know by emailing us at info@techknowledgey.com and we will cancel your orders.

5. Thanks to smadison from:

round2it (22nd December 2009)

TheLibrarian

Thumbs down Mediator 9 rant

Add Mediator 9 site licenseto this type of PITA licensing / activation.

Mediator 9 is almost perfect.

Network installer? Check.

Single serial number input automatically? Checkl.

Everything is going well, nice one Matchware...

Online activation per machine. Check! Awww
    Why did you have to do that Matchware?
    Granted this only has to happen once per machine regardlesss of how many installs / reinstalls if it is set up correctly, but what about PC's that do not have Internet access by design?

Plus, the blasted program displays the serial number to the first person that runs it if it is not authorised!
    Great way to protect your IP, I do not think.

May the gods of IT strike down the clowns that cripple network installers this way.

Yay me! I have to install Mediator 9 to over 250 PC's none of which can access the internet at the point of install (which is when Mediator first tries to activate itself).
    I then have to log in and run the software to activate it.
    I'm going to have a lot of time on my hands to think of relevant tortures for the clown that thought activation was a good idea.

TheLibrarian
    @smadison

Sorry to hear this, good luck finding a new job.

TheLibrarian
    Quote Originally Posted by marsdenprimary View Post
    I've been trying to install Crazy Talk but it keeps throwing a server error at me! Does anybody know if lancsngfl have blocked the ip address for the Crazy Talk server?? If this is the case...then i'm going to need to know the IP of the validation server so i can install the program.

Anyone else experienced this?
    Not sure if this is relevant.

We had to install the ISA Firewall Client before the program could activate correctly.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12