+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Educational Software Thread, Activating Smart Notebook 11 in Technical; For the life of me I cannot get this infernal software to activate silently. I used the SMART Install Manager ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    For the life of me I cannot get this infernal software to activate silently. I used the SMART Install Manager to generate an MSI for the Notebook software and everything works with the exception of the product key; it just seemingly ignores it. If I open the MST in Orca it clearly creates a new row in the property table named ISX_SERIALNUM with the value being the code I gave it. The ACTIVATE_LICENSE property is also set to 1. But after installing it when I open it up the activation dialog will open and won't even have the key in it.

So I moved on to trying to activate via the command line and it doesn't work either. It doesn't matter what argument I pass to the activator, it just quits without error as soon as I run it. I'm using this syntax:

Code:
    "c:\Program Files\Common Files\SMART Technologies\SMART Product Update\activationwizard.exe" --puid clash_notebook --m=4 --v=1 --a --pk xx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx  -proxy=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080
    This is the exact syntax as to what is called out for in the deployment guide. I'm positive I'm using the correct key too since it will activate correctly with it if I use GUI. I'm about ready to say forget it and go back to 10x. Any ideas guys?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I figured it out. On the install CD there is a number of folders and I originally went for the Windows folder in the root. Under that there is a separate folder containing MSI files for each of the different pieces of software. So I plucked out the Common Platform, Notebook, and Product Drivers MSI files and worked with those. The SMART Install Manager would open each one and let me create transform files for the install no problem. It's just when trying to use the Notebook MSI with one it wouldn't auto activate. It would install like it should with all the custom settings intact, just no activation.

So further up in this thread I read there was an all inclusive MSI that contained everything instead of it being broken down into separate ones for each piece. I also found it on the disc under \Administrators\Windows\Education Software Install. When I used that with the Install Manager everything worked including activation.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12