+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, eDofE - Mapping in Technical; Hi I was wondering if anyone else has users using this software and their opinion of it? We have got ...
    Thank Post

Question eDofE - Mapping

Hi I was wondering if anyone else has users using this software and their opinion of it?

We have got issues with saving the GPX created from the maps.
    We are finding that the user can create waypoints, save the map on the eDofE website, print screen and upload a GPX file but when they click on the download GPX file icon nothing happens. Sometimes it stays highlighted orange but we don't get any pop up box. We did get it working once on an admin machine after button bashing for a while, but can't replicate it.
    All popups are allowed for this site. I've added satmap.com into our firewall.

Anyone else having issues with this?

Thank Post
    I've not had chance to use this (eDofE was just in it's developmental stages when I was working for the DofE National - gees .. I miss that job .. so much fun .. anyway, I digress) .. they used to have a brilliant support network themselves for software and what not .. I don't know if this page (https://www.dofe.org/en/content/cms/...ur-dofe/edofe/) will help you any with your questions and all that ..

Thank Post
    Thanks, I did speak to the guy in charge of the mapping software who claimed that they had not had any reports of this happening elsewhere, but you never know whether they are just saying that or if people haven't informed them. At the moment they've not got any suggestions for me.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggum123 View Post
    Thanks, I did speak to the guy in charge of the mapping software who claimed that they had not had any reports of this happening elsewhere, but you never know whether they are just saying that or if people haven't informed them. At the moment they've not got any suggestions for me.
    I can only speak for when I worked for them, but they didn't use to fob people off and were very helpful, so I'd like to think that's still the case, but having said that, they also used to look into problems for you (in fact, often, I'd get the phone call from other people who were responsible to see if I could find a solution .. lol) .. It might be worth contacting you Operating Authority to see if they have heard anything funny about it, or if anyone there knows of anything to get round the issue .. and failing that, either get them to contact your regional office, or do the same yourself, and work it up that way ..

Thank Post
    Have you run wireshark to see everything it is trying to call? Could be another website/server that is blocked.

Thank Post
    Thanks both, I'll run wireshark and then try contacting them again if I'm still not getting further. I'll update with what I find.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread