+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Successmaker 1.7 and Windows Multipoint Server 2011 - Does it work? in Technical; Hi guys, I am struggling getting Success Maker 1.7.2 to work using Multipoint Server 2011. The successmaker client side (Workstation ...

Thank Post

Successmaker 1.7 and Windows Multipoint Server 2011 - Does it work?

Hi guys,

I am struggling getting Success Maker 1.7.2 to work using Multipoint Server 2011. The successmaker client side (Workstation Setup) works fine on Windows 7 32bit clients but when I try to install the client side to the School Multipoint Servers the install launches fine but then fails saying the installation failed to install successfully.

To try to get round this, I have copied the ResultsManager folder from a working client and put it on the Multipoint server. Once I have mapped the M:\ drive the software launches and I can log in but when you try to launch an activity the software hangs saying recording.......

Has anyone got any ideas? Worse thing is the school have booked training on Thursday so I have to get it working by then! They have 10 Windows 7 Pro 32bit clients that it has installed on and is working but they will need more PCs then that for the training, hence why I wanted to put it on the Multipoint Server so the the rest of the ICT suite could be used too.

Thanks
    cm786

Thank Post
    I think you'll need more than just the Resultsmanager folder! Successmaker (at least on our older version) runs on Sybase SQL Anywhere backend - this is the database it connects to and it needs to be running on the server too.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,695 Times in 2,285 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I find the best way to get some old software running on a new platform is to repackage it, have you used the capture mode of Wininstall LE Download WinINSTALL LE | Scalable it should let you do a before and after snapshot on a 32 bit client and find all the differences. It is then just a case of cleaning it up and installing it or simply looking at the package to find out what it needs and setting it up manually.

I have used this method to get software that barely installed under XP to install and run flawlessly under Windows 7 64bit. It does depend on the software though and be sure to thoroughly test the MSI first as a broken one can mess things and spoil your day.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread