+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Educational Software Thread, Multimedia Science School? in Technical; Originally Posted by pricej2004 we have v 2.0 of the 11-16 and 16-18 edition and want to be sure we ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pricej2004 View Post
    we have v 2.0 of the 11-16 and 16-18 edition and want to be sure we have a working version for Win 7
    Where can you find the version info? Whatever version we have is working fine on Windows 7.

Thank Post

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_ View Post
    Where can you find the version info? Whatever version we have is working fine on Windows 7.
    it says on the splash / welcome screen as the application starts or failing that click Help / About

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pricej2004 View Post
    it says on the splash / welcome screen as the application starts or failing that click Help / About
    When it loads up I don't even see a splash screen. It's just the Multimedia Science School player if that makes a difference?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Was there ever any resolutions to this thread? We're about to become an Academy and I'm trying to track down who to talk to about licensing. All avenues seem to lead to a dead end so far. I'm about ready to right this off as "company no longer exists".

Thank Post
    The company doesn't exist, so depending on how much your school uses the software you can decide to right it off. RM bought up the company that make this and the only workgn version we could get hold of (about 22 months ago) was the VLE version and it was hard work, took multiple phone calls.

Maybe if you have a compatible VLE, you can either get RM to sell you that version (this isn't easy) or get them to send you a letter (or even a fax...) to basically say this software is now regarded as being abandonware or freeware (also seems unlikely). If someone can get RM to put in writing that we can now use this software for free we can then try and get ISOs together. The problem is both solutions are a nightmare, buying from RM is difficult, getting RM to write the software off might be even worse!

6. Thanks to Achandler from:

tmcd35 (18th December 2012)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Well if that's the case I'll give RM a courtesy e-mail asking if we can still use out exiting software post academy switch over.

Thank Post
    Hi All

I hope me writing here give you all some form of notification. We have used multimedia science for years, after a major OS upgrade everything had to be reinstalled.
    This of course ment we needed to have the key-codes which have gone missing in the years since it was bought.
    RS have been unhelpfull thus far as are basically denying all knowledge of it.
    IF anyone has any info that may help would be greatly appreciated, especially anone with an email from RM where they accept its existance.

Thanks

Sam

Thank Post
    Hi, My company now supports Multimedia Science School, if you have problems with the software then please contact Perry Leigh on 07580 030196 or pleigh@inasialearning.com. I can supply upgrades and support for Windows 7 networks and also versions that allow you to run through a LMS or VLE (SCORM). This product is still loved by science departments and some schools paid up to £3000 and so are still licensed but may not be using it! Hope this helps, just drop me line. Perry

Thank Post
    Hi,

Just letting you know that INASIA Learning LTD are now supporting Multimedia Science School and can help you getting I to it to work on you Network, LMS/VLE (SCORM). Also the popular software can now be accessed through the Multimedia Science School Portal http//:inasialearning/docebsaas/

Please feel free to contact Perry on 07580 030196, pleigh@inasialearning.com

Kind regards

Thank Post
    Hi Everyone,

Just letting you know that you can contact Perry at pleigh@inasialearning.com for any support or sales inquiries. 07580 030196. Alternatively visit Home

Kind regards

Perry

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12